PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Model 360A Mitre Box Fine Tuning

Marty Belleville
01-16-2014, 6:44 PM
Hello, I am a recently joined member of Saw Mill Creek but I have been reading the posts to the various forums for quite some time. I have always been able to find the answer to my woodworking problem with a careful search of the forums. This time, I cannot find any answers already outlined so I am asking for help directly.

I have recently acquired a gorgeous Stanley Model 360A Mitre box in excellent condition. I do not have any idea how old the unit is but it was bought at an Estate sale in a small, purpose made wooden box. The unit was disassembled but it appears that all the important parts, adjusting screws and hold downs, were included. The cutting surface looked like it had been used a few times for 90 and 45's cuts only, and not too many at that. I replaced the board as part of the reassembly process.

A few forums chats helped me get through the alignment of the vertical bars and my cuts have been almost dead on in that direction. However, I am off 1-2 degrees to the right of 90 when I'm in that positions detent. Can anyone describe what I need to do underneath the pivoting arm to move the saw in a more precise alignment?

Best regards,
Marty B