PDA

View Full Version : good customer service

Jerome Stanek
01-16-2014, 6:10 PM
I had a controller go out on my LG 500 that I purchased from Automation Technologies and called John Friday afternoon we checked some stuff and he agreed it was a controller or display problem. He sent one out that day and I received it on Tuesday when I installed it the laser came back up and homed but I noticed that the arrow for the X axis worked backwards but it would move to cut correctly. When I did a test cut it was exactly 60% to big and the steppers were trying to move to fast on jogs. I called John back and he said he would send out a new one. He sent it out on Tuesday and I received it today and installed it every thing seemed to work except the z axis works backwards but everything else id working fine I sent John the good and bad controller yesterday so he will get it tomorrow. He is working on what I need to do to get the z working correctly. I thank John from Automation Technologies for the speedy help. I know that the z should be an easy fix as I had a stepper on my old cnc that had to be reversed. Just don't know if I need to switch 2 wires or use the dip switches on the driver.

Bert Kemp
01-16-2014, 9:44 PM
This is very good to know , I've been thinking heavily about buying one of those. I'm just wondering about the learning curve on their software.

Ross Moshinsky
01-16-2014, 10:47 PM
They used to go by the name Keling and have a very good reputation in the diy cnc world for providing reasonably priced items from China with reasonably good customer support.

I actually contacted them about a year ago about their lasers and was disapointed sadly. I asked about 10 questions about a machine they were selling and their response was essentially they would custom order whatever I wanted. That was fine, but I kind of wanted to know about the machine they were selling and I was perplexed why they couldn't provide me with such basic information as what kind of tube the machine came with.

That all said, it doesn't surprise me one bit that they are willing to help with your problem. Sadly it also doesn't surprise me that it might take a few tries to figure out the source of your problem.