PDA

View Full Version : Rough edge in thin material

Shawn Cavaretta
01-14-2014, 11:46 PM
I am getting a rough edge when cutting thin material it looks almost like a saw tooth
The material is a resin impregnated paper product .024" thick this is a 1/64 scale window

mini 24 45 watt cutting at 50 speed 30 power 500 freq

Dan Hintz
01-15-2014, 5:55 AM
Try the pic again against a material that doesn't look like the ocean. With knowing no more than what you've told us, I'd suggest looking for a loose setscrew or a warped belt (too tight?). That looks too regular to be a loose lens. the scale worries me, though... that's a really small periodicity, so some kind of "regular" bump is getting to your system. Can you run a single cut line and take a pic (include a ruler in the pic so we have a sense of scale).

Mark E Wilson
01-15-2014, 8:13 AM
Dan is right. It is very regular. I see the same thing some times on my wooden models, but normally on curves. I would experiment a little with the settings and start with the frequency. Also make sure your bearings are operating smoothly and races are clean, but with the regularity of the pattern I think it's in the settings.

Mike Null
01-15-2014, 8:57 AM
Do you get the same result if you try the drawing on a thicker piece of material? I agree with the others that this appears to be a mechanical issue.

Shawn Cavaretta
01-15-2014, 12:24 PM
I tightened all the belts.... that seems to of taken care of the problem