PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying a Delta 10" Contractors Saw Model

Anthony Rausch
01-14-2014, 4:35 PM
Hello,

Stumbled upon this saw in a storage shed. Tight quarters so I couldn't get around the entire saw to look at a model number, I might go back to move it around if it can't be identified through these pictures.

Larry Edgerton
01-14-2014, 6:26 PM
Thats the one you want, not sure of the model #, but I have two for site work. As good as a jobsite saw gets, and not bad in the shop if tuned well.

Larry

John Cole
01-14-2014, 6:42 PM
Looks like my 34-444 contractors saw from the early nineties.
Very good saw.

Charles Lent
01-14-2014, 10:32 PM
I agree. I helped my son find a Delta Contractors Table Saw and It looks just like that one. His is a 34-444 model. If it's all there it's worth reconditioning.

The fence isn't a Biesmeyer or a Unifence, but it does a pretty good job for what it is. There is a vernier adjustment just to the right of the fence handle. You push the knob in and turn it for small fence adjustments and it springs back to dis-engage when you let go.

Charley

Anthony Rausch
01-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks! After googling that saw, I see the nameplate and power switch match perfectly.

There is supposed to be either a jointer or planer in here, but I'm having trouble finding it, so much stuff piled in there. This storage trailer is open to the elements so I want to get it out ASAP and indoors so I can start checking it out. It was used last year so it "works" I just don't know how well.