PDA

View Full Version : Somebodies Beagle wants chicken nuggets!

Pat Barry
01-13-2014, 7:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6C4KcjgLE

This beagle may be self taught. It must have been hungry.

Stephen Cherry
01-13-2014, 7:39 PM
That's really funny! I guess that since beagles were bred for hungriness for a long, long time, sometimes they don't know how to act.

Jim Rimmer
01-14-2014, 1:12 PM
Video is gone.

David Weaver
01-14-2014, 1:29 PM
I'd imagine that video has been reposted a whole lot of different places, and the owners of the video intended to make money off of it and are having it removed.

I also don't believe that the dog wasn't taught to do that and a camera put up to show off the dog's owner-taught trick. The toaster oven wasn't hot? The dog sure didn't behave like they were hot. what were chicken nuggets doing in a cold toaster oven?

Call it the skeptical spill-over from reality TV. There's money to be made in staged videos.

Bill Edwards(2)
01-14-2014, 2:29 PM
Beagles are gluttons.

Beagles are very clever at figuring things out.

They are escape artists.

And beyond the basic hunting skills are really hard to teach.

The actual video may be staged, but only because they didn't have a camera there
the first few times she did that.

Opinions of a Beagle owner.

Bill Edwards(2)
01-14-2014, 2:35 PM
And the original is still up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_ym0rxisOpw

Mike Chance in Iowa
01-14-2014, 3:03 PM
I think this beagle was self-taught. I had a co-worker years ago talk about a roast their dog stole out of the oven. While they were at work and intending to come home to a roast for dinner, the dog opened the oven door, pulled the pan out of the oven and ate most of the roast. They came home to the oven still on and the oven door wide open and the dog had some burns on the pads of it's front feet.

David Weaver
01-14-2014, 3:12 PM
Beagles are gluttons.

Beagles are very clever at figuring things out.

They are escape artists.

And beyond the basic hunting skills are really hard to teach.

The actual video may be staged, but only because they didn't have a camera there
the first few times she did that.

Opinions of a Beagle owner.

While I'm a skeptic and not a beagle owner, I agree that the dog could've very well figured it out another time.

When I was very little, our babysitter had a beagle and another dog in a fenced in yard. It was near impossible to keep the beagle in the yard, and when it got out (and let the other dog out) it was always a million times harder too get the beagle back in. Same with a friend's dog that wasn't that well trained - if it got loose outside, it was as if there was a never ending list of smells to trail and it would never look up.

Down the road was a born rabbit dog, 180 degrees different personality, always attentive and always ready to flush out rabbits at the sight of a gun. They are good dogs!

Stephen Cherry
01-14-2014, 3:28 PM
Here are my two pesky little mutts, always hungry-