View Full Version : What Process is Used Here?

Tim Bateson
01-12-2014, 2:09 PM
These are listed as Stainless Steel. I'm thinking maybe Fiber Engraved? It doesn't look like drag & I'm told they are not anodized. Anyone have an idea what process would have been used?

Gary Hair
01-12-2014, 2:15 PM
If I had to guess, it would be fiber or yag.

matthew knott
01-12-2014, 2:50 PM
I would say fibre or maybe a chemical etch then grain finish, need a slightly closer photo to be sure

Dee Gallo
01-12-2014, 2:52 PM
My guess is either YAG or water jet. Hard to see in the photo if there are any tell tale marks.

Mark Sipes
01-12-2014, 3:54 PM
just double click photo for blow up. Ebay description just describes scratch resistant stainless Hong Kong...

Yuriy Karpov
01-12-2014, 5:39 PM
My bet is for chemical etching. YAG or fiber doesn't make any sense for mass production.

Matt Turner (physics)
01-12-2014, 5:42 PM
A Google image search turns up a bunch of photos that are completely identical to this, except for the "engraved" logo. It's likely that each of these logos have been photoshopped on, so it probably won't work to guess from their appearance what process the seller uses.

Chuck Stone
01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
^^^ What Matt said. They're reusing the same photo, adding in
an image to make it look engraved.
(not a bad Photoshop job, either)