PDA

View Full Version : My first real project as a wood worker

Jerrod McCrary
01-12-2014, 1:10 PM
Here is the workbench I made for my son and daughter for Christmas. I learned a lot and a few things I would change if I decide to maybe make these and sell.

Bruce Page
01-12-2014, 1:16 PM
I bet the kids were thrilled.

Cody Armstrong
01-12-2014, 7:54 PM
Good job and nice present for the kids. It will be the gift that keeps giving for years to come.
At Christmas I watched my nieces and nephews open their presents........plastic toys everywhere. It was a bit disgusting knowing these will only be in a landfill in a few years.

Jerrod McCrary
01-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the replies. They liked it but now I have to get to cutting some wood so they can build them stuff. Probably going to cut them wood out and predrill it so they can build some bird houses and a doll bed for my daughter. They are 2 and 6 so I hope they get some good use out of it. I had them some pencils and the first thing my daughter did was write her name on it, I guess she was claiming it. I still havent sanded that off, but its made to be used. I liked the wood and diamond plate mix, not bad for about $80 worth of supplies. I wasted some wood because I changed size during the build. It is still a little oversized for the 2 year old but just right for my six your old daughter.