PDA

View Full Version : Router Raiser

Jimmy Tallent
06-12-2005, 8:12 PM
What router raiser do you guys and gals recomend for a router table, Im building norms delux router cabnet. Thanks Jimmy Tallent

Ken Garlock
06-12-2005, 8:27 PM
JImmy, I bought the PRL lift from Woodpeckers up in Ohio. It is well made and I expect it will last as long as I will need it.

You can check them out at the Woodpeckers site (http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html)

Glen Blanchard
06-12-2005, 8:34 PM
I've got Jointech's Digital Lift, and it is wonderful!!

Cecil Arnold
06-12-2005, 10:16 PM
I have a woodpeck and have been happy with it for a couple of years.

Don Selke
06-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Jimmy:
You do not mention what type of router you are going to use in the router table. All the recommendations are good but some of the router lifts will only fit the large Porter Cable router. If you have a Hatichi router for instance, make sure that your router lift will fit that router.
Good luck:

Steve Cox
06-12-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm using Milwaukee's 3 1/2hp router with a built-in above table adjustment mechanism and thus, no router lift.

Ron Taylor
06-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Jimmy, how's it going with the router table project. I'm doing the same one and so far, so good. I'm finished with the carcass and interior, looking forward to doing the face frames and drawers next.

Got any pics??? I'll try and post some soon.

I'm not yet decided on the router/raiser solution. I have a Dewalt 625 3-hp electronic on my WoodRat. I'm liking the idea of a raiser from Woodpecker and doing double duty with the 625 until I get another router. I suppose that would dictate another 625 or at least another Dewalt sooner or later if I go ahead and get a raiser to fit it.

I have a couple other plans as well. I have an old Craftsman 2 hp router that I use mostly for round-over. I plan to cut a Lexan square to fit my table and the Craftsman. I'll just leave a pre-adjusted round-over cutter in it and drop it into the table whenever I need it.

I also use a little Makita laminate trimmer with a quarter inch spiral bit for box joints in 3/8" stock. This little guy will move from is current home in a small box I built some time back to the new router table, also on a dedicated square of Lexan. Most of my drawers and boxes are in the same stock, so I'll just leave the Makita set for that, no depth adjustments necessary.

Jimmy Tallent
06-14-2005, 9:54 AM
Its going pretty good,I find the plans a little difficult,I think they could do a better job on the plans. Not everyone's a master craftsman,but im learning a lot about cabnetry. Buy the way im using p.c. 7518 router. Thanks Jimmy Tallent

Ron Taylor
06-14-2005, 10:07 AM
I have to agree with you. The plans seem to be more as a reference for an experienced cabinet maker than a recipe for a newbee like me. I've spent quite a bit of time rewinding the video and checking the plans against what Norm does. And, there are a couple of typo errors in the cutting instructions for the drawer parts and runners. The word "long" is used where "wide" should be in at least two places. If you haven't already been there, be careful :confused:

Bruce Page
06-14-2005, 8:16 PM
What router raiser do you guys and gals recomend for a router table, Im building norms delux router cabnet. Thanks Jimmy Tallent
Well, I'm using a ... Router Raizer. At $90, it's about 1/4 the coat of the fancier lifts, but the main reason I bought it is the weight savings - it weighs mere ounces compared to the 10+ pounds that the others weigh. Oh yeah, it works great too!
The Jointech's Digital is cool though.