PDA

View Full Version : Need price for Mini Max SC3 Sliding Table Saw

Steve Mellott
01-10-2014, 9:41 PM
I am thinking about buying a Mini Max SC3 sliding table saw that belonged to a fellow woodworker who passed away last year. Neither his surviving spouse nor I have any idea as to what this saw is worth. There are no listings on the local Craig’s List for this saw, so I don’t have any comparable sales. There is a $2500 listing for a Mini Max SW3 which is a newer, larger 3 phase saw. That seller is also proving delivery. The specifics of the saw I am considering are as follows: 3 HP, single phase, Biesmeyer fence, overhead guard with dust port (in addition to the dust port at the base of the cabinet), 6’ distance between saw blade and end of sliding carriage, approximately 51” between saw blade and side of table top. It seems as if all the parts are there (including the manual) and the saw seems to be in very good condition. Any idea as to what this saw is worth or how I can find out? I’d like to find a price that is fair to both the seller and me. Thank you.

Rick Lizek
01-11-2014, 9:48 AM
We used to sell them in the 90's for $3500. I know of one that sold five years ago for $1500. A lot depends on your location and how much used machinery is available. That saw in pristine shape could sell as high as it cost new. A slider is far superior to a cabinet saw. I'm in New England where there are more used machines than in other parts of the country. Anyone who thinks the 50% rule osb' aware of the regional difference. I've seen 20 year old Delta contractor saw go for more than what they cost originally and everyone was satisfied.

Loren Woirhaye
01-11-2014, 10:57 AM
That saw changed somewhat over time, starting out with an iron sliding carriage and later an extruded aluminum one. I've seen the iron table ones for as little as $900 I think. Do keep in mind that some of these saws have seen use in production shops and the slider may not run true anymore. I think if it's a newer one with the extruded table with an outrigger and all the parts $2500 would be a pretty fair buy for you and good to the seller.

Steve Rozmiarek
01-11-2014, 7:18 PM
$2500 is all they go for now? That sure seems like a bargain.

Jim Andrew
01-12-2014, 8:37 AM
Do you know the age of the machine, and it's history? If it has been in a hobby shop it's whole life, it's hardly used.