PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Good Wishes Needed

Karl Laustrup
06-12-2005, 6:44 PM
I was going to wait for a day or so to post this thread, but I figured the more good wishes and prayers get said the better.:)

With that being said, a member here, and while I haven't known him but about a year, he's what I consider on my short list of friends, is having surgery Wednesday 6/15.

I call him "Spring" [Just outside of Spring Green] AKA John Miliunas is going under the knife to hopefully alleviate the hand pain that is limiting his woodworking, or at least his enjoyment of same.

I will be saying a prayer for you and wishing you a successful procedure and a speedy recovery, my friend.

Don't forget to let us know, even if you have to type with one finger on one hand. :D

Karl

Jackie Outten
06-12-2005, 6:55 PM
Karl,

Thanks for letting us know about John. He will be in my family's prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

Jackie

Charlie Knauer
06-12-2005, 7:43 PM
Thanks Karl for the heads up. I enjoy reading Johns posts and comments. I will add him to my prayer list along with Betsy. I will have a lot of free time coming up as I am having another surgery on my knee. I miss working in my shop and I am sure John is going through the same.

Charlie

Karl Laustrup
06-12-2005, 7:57 PM
Charlie, you're added to my list. Speedy recovery and keep us posted.

Karl

Ron Jones near Indy
06-12-2005, 8:12 PM
I will offer prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Steve Ash
06-12-2005, 8:24 PM
Thoughts and prayers from the Ash family. Hoping all goes well and a quick recovery John!

Frank Pellow
06-12-2005, 8:37 PM
Sorry to hear about this John.

Not being religious, I can't offer any prayers, but you certainly do have my thoughts and best wishes.

Tim Morton
06-12-2005, 9:00 PM
Geez John, round here Doc's don't work on wednesday's, or are you having your surgery on the golf course? Good Luck Buddy!!!!;)

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
06-12-2005, 9:03 PM
Praying for a successful surgery, John.

John Miliunas
06-12-2005, 9:22 PM
Thanks Karl and to all who have wished me well!:) No, it's not heart surgery or anything nearly as dramatic. I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a bit apprehensive, as this is the first time for me going "under the knife".:eek: It's a two-hour procedure, so in the grand scheme of things, not exactly major. It coulda' been. When I first spoke to the surgeon, I just told him to take the hand off completely, starting at the neck!:D He assured me it wasn't quite that bad. Karl hit it on the head with the things which will most probably be the worst: 1) Not being able to hack on wood. 2) I normally touch-type and have one heckuva' time searching and poking at keys while looking at the keyboard!:( With that said, I normally like to throw my 2 cents into various discussions, as well as comment on projects folks have posted. I'm asking, in advance, to forgive me if my typical rambling is short or even non-existent. :o I'm very hopeful that, in the long run, it will improve the quality of life for me and those around me. And to think, in about another year or so, I can get the other hand done! Thanks again to all! I sincerely appreciate your thoughts, well wishes and, of course, for those who partake, your prayers!:) :cool:

Jason Roehl
06-12-2005, 9:29 PM
Okay...somebody send John some good voice-recognition software!! :cool:

Seriously, though, I pray your surgeon is very skillful in your surgery, and that you have a quick and complete recovery!

Betsy Yocum
06-12-2005, 9:31 PM
Speedy recovery John - you're in my prayers and thoughts!

Betsy

Cecil Arnold
06-12-2005, 10:14 PM
John, whishing you good luck and a speedy recovery.

Randy Moore
06-12-2005, 10:20 PM
John, you have my prayers and thoughts. Let us know haw things went and how you're doing.

Take care, Randy:)

Jim Becker
06-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Best wishes to you, John, on this "little procedure"...may your pain go away completely in the end!!

Rob Littleton
06-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Praying for you John (and Frank). Hope all goes well and please keep us informed. God speed to you brother

Jerry Olexa
06-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Karl, Thanks for the post. John, good friend, I wish you well. You will be in our prayers. We'll pray for effective procedure, speedy healing and big improvement/results with your condition. Let us know your results even if a one liner. Take care. Jerry

Ken Fitzgerald
06-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Your in my thoughts and prayers John.

David Klug
06-13-2005, 12:18 AM
John, sorry to hear that you are going to have to have this operation, but I am praying that the Lord will give your surgeon the necessay skill for a successful operationl It's going to be awful dull around hear without you stirring things up.

DK

Ernie Nyvall
06-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Have a successful surgery John and a speedy recovery. May there be many thoughts and prayers with you.

Ernie

Ian Barley
06-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I wish you great good fortune in passing through this event, I am sure that in due course you'll be glad you went through with it. Speedy recovery.

John Hart
06-13-2005, 6:31 AM
I'm actually excited for you John! Chances are, things will be better afterward. Best of luck to you sir!

Richard Gillespie
06-13-2005, 7:46 AM
John,

I hope everything goes very well. Let us know how things turn out.

Ron McNeil
06-13-2005, 8:18 AM
John, My family and I will be praying for you to have a speedy recovery and that all goes well and that you will be back making saw dust quickly.

Tyler Howell
06-13-2005, 8:18 AM
Get back in the shop soon.;)

Jeff Sudmeier
06-13-2005, 8:27 AM
John,

We have talked a lot about this. I truely hope that it is a successful as you surgeon is hoping for. To be able to work wood without pain would be a wonderful thing for you. I admire your spirit and your willingness to help others. Now when you are (As you put it) a one handed wonder (Hey your words not mine!), let us all know if we can help out.

I am 20 mins from you and will be there if you call.

Good luck John, I wish you the best!

Jeff

Joe Mioux
06-13-2005, 8:36 AM
John:

Good Luck and Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery.

Joe

David Wilson
06-13-2005, 8:41 AM
John
Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Shop time will come.

Kurt Aebi
06-13-2005, 9:19 AM
John,

All my best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy and Full recovery!

Good luck , buddy from the "other" cheese state!

Kurt in Vermont Cheddar Land!

Do keep us posted with your progress.

John Miliunas
06-13-2005, 8:19 PM
Guess this show of concern is but one of the reasons SMC is THE best WW forum out there!:) Thanks again for all your positive thoughts and prayers! I too am hopeful for a good and quick recovery, though in the meantime, you'll be spared some of my ramblings!:D But be warned, the doc said he expects good things to come of this, which also means my typing ability will also be restored!:eek: :) :cool:

Tony Falotico
06-13-2005, 8:32 PM
...........But be warned, the doc said he expects good things to come of this, which also means my typing ability will also be restored!:eek: :) :cool:

Looking forward to that my friend..... you will be in my thoughts and prayers until you return. Just be sure he (the doc) doesn't mess with your great sense of humor and keen wit. Tony.

Vaughn McMillan
06-13-2005, 9:04 PM
Add me to the list of those who'll be pulling for you John. I can understand the apprehension about going under the knife, but rest assured they've gotten pretty good at the ol' surgery thing over the years.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery -

- Vaughn

Mark Singer
06-13-2005, 9:17 PM
John,

We are with you my friend!!!! Get well and make some cool shtuff!

Jerry Clark
06-13-2005, 9:56 PM
Good Luck "Spring" and I hope that you spring right back in health and the shop!:)

And Charlie, I hope that the surgury goes well and you are making lots of sawdust soon!:)

Brad Schmid
06-13-2005, 11:56 PM
John,

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Brad

Chad Pater
06-15-2005, 9:45 AM
I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a bit apprehensive, as this is the first time for me going "under the knife".:eek:

I know what you mean. I'll be praying for you too John.
Chad

Jerry Olexa
06-15-2005, 9:58 AM
Thinking and praying for you today , John as you get this procedure (as my wise Dad used to say) "behind you". I'm sure there will be a big improvement and you'll be glad later you did it...Godspeed and quick healing... Jerry

Jim O'Dell
06-15-2005, 8:41 PM
Prayers and Setter Zen (a very special power in it's own right!) coming your way, John, and to the others at the Creek that are facing surgeries, or recouperating. Glad that there is an option for you to alieve the pain. I have a couple of friends at work that live in pain constantly. One is on heavy duty pain meds, and there are days they don't work. Surgery for these two guys are out of the question. I'm glad you aren't in that same category. Will be anxious to hear from you on the flip side. Jim.

Jeff Sudmeier
06-16-2005, 8:15 AM
Well I hope that it went well! I haven't yet heard from John but I am sure everything went well yesterday. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery!

John Miliunas
06-16-2005, 9:23 AM
Thanks for the wishes, personal notes and even phone calls! I may not answer everyone in person, just yet. Very, very sore...hard to type, concentrate. Surgery went well!:) They elected to not take it off at the neck! :D Asked to have them cut out about 25lbs. from the midsection, too, but it's still there, as well.:( Looks like I won't be able to play guitar anymore, either. That's OK...Never could before.:D It will be a while before I get back to any normal WW, but the doc assures me it WILL come!:) Thanks again for everything, folks! Much appreciated and really helps! Take care and make some sawdust for me too, OK?:) :cool:

Tim Morton
06-16-2005, 9:40 AM
Wre
Thanks for the wishes, personal notes and even phone calls! I may not answer everyone in person, just yet. Very, very sore...hard to type, concentrate. Surgery went well!:) They elected to not take it off at the neck! :D Asked to have them cut out about 25lbs. from the midsection, too, but it's still there, as well.:( Looks like I won't be able to play guitar anymore, either. That's OK...Never could before.:D It will be a while before I get back to any normal WW, but the doc assures me it WILL come!:) Thanks again for everything, folks! Much appreciated and really helps! Take care and make some sawdust for me too, OK?:) :cool:

Weicome back...hope the M family is there waiting on your every need!!! :eek:

Jeff Sudmeier
06-16-2005, 10:12 AM
John, I am very glad to hear that your surgeory went well! Now take it easy and stay out of the shop for as long as the doc says :)

Hang in there man!

Mark Singer
06-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Great John,

That is terrific news! Make something great to celebrate the sucsess....only when the doctor says its ok!

Kent Parker
06-16-2005, 11:00 AM
John,

Glad to hear your in good spirits and on the road to healing. Sorry to hear you can't play guitar. There is an option for you if your interested. Its called a Chapman stick and it can be played without picking or strumming. You play it by tapping the strings near the frets. Could even be played one handed.

See the instruments here. http://www.stick.com/instruments/

All the best

Kent

Ken Garlock
06-16-2005, 12:26 PM
John, glad to hear that everything worked out OK. Listen closely to your doctor, after all you want to get your money's worth out of him. ;)

Roger Fitzsimonds
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Well John I am glad every thing went well and you are on the healing side now. See You miss the creek for a day and then you miss all the info that is goning on. I told my wife I am going to quit my job so I can at least read to the second page of new posts. lunch is not long enough. Best wishes John and the gentleman who had knee surgery. and heal quickly.

Roger

Effie Lever
06-16-2005, 1:15 PM
Best of luck John and a speedy recovery, we all want you back on the keyboard and in the shop ASAP.

Effie

Jim O'Dell
06-16-2005, 1:31 PM
Glad to see your post, John. You'll heal soon. Well wishes, prayers an that special Setter Zen still winging it's way from the heat in Texas! Jim.

Norman Hitt
06-16-2005, 4:00 PM

Gosh John, I don't know how I missed Karl's original thread on this, but I'm sure glad you got through it OK. I just wish I had seen it soon enough so you could have asked the Surgeon to do one of mine "by proxy" while he was in there. :D I could have even worked a deal with you to have the other one of mine done here and got your other one done by Proxy Too. :D (no sense of Both of us going through Two recoveries), I've only been putting mine off for three years, but some other medical Malady seems to keep cropping up that is more urgent at the time. Keep us posted on how the rehab and recovery is going and you certainly have my thoughts and best wishes for a speedy and totally successful recovery. Let's see, Hammering, planing, sanding, etc. will probably be out for a while, Buuuuut, maybe "Typing" will be good, light physical therapy after a few days. :D

Jerry Olexa
06-16-2005, 4:53 PM
John, Glad to see you back on the forum and things went well. You certainly haven't lost your outstanding sense of humor!!! Take it slow. Every day will get a little better. Happy for you now that its over!! Let the healing commence...:D

John Miliunas
06-16-2005, 5:05 PM
John, Glad to see you back on the forum and things went well. You certainly haven't lost your outstanding sense of humor!!! Take it slow. Every day will get a little better. Happy for you now that its over!! Let the healing commence...:D

Jerry, thanks to you and so many, MANY of my SMC brethren, the healing process is getting a jump start!:) The support out here is without end and so much of the whole process really get a boost from the phychological aspect. For me, it's a big, BIG help!:) I am, however, trying to keep my goals within reason. I've pretty much given up on the guitar thing, but if I could only learn how to do those dang handcut DT's, I'd be happy!:D Thanks again to ALL!:cool:

Vaughn McMillan
06-16-2005, 6:21 PM
Glad to see you back online, John. As others have said, listen to the doctor's advice, and also realize the Physical Terrorists (er...Therapists) are there to help, too. Sorry to hear about the guitar thing. I had a similar discussion with my doctor regarding playing pool after I broke my back. I can play again, but I still lose too many matches. ;)

Get well soon, and fully!

- Vaughn

John Hart
06-16-2005, 6:24 PM
I'm glad things went well John...And it's very nice to know that you are well enough to Hunt-N-Peck a message or two. Listening to the guitar is nice too ya know!:) Get well soon...

Mark Singer
06-16-2005, 6:27 PM
John,

You'll do the DT'S ,.....just get better first! You will be better than ever...and with no pain!

Karl Laustrup
06-16-2005, 6:58 PM
Glad all went well.

I would have answered your email sooner, but I have been without internet since at least noon [that's when I got back from golf]. First thing I did was try to check emails. Nada! Zip! Just now got back online at 5:30 PM.

I think maybe you should have gone with the guitar playing option. :D You know, just in case this I.T. systems gig is a flash in the pan, or gasp, WW doesn't work out. :eek: :D

Just listen to the Doc and don't push it. You'll be back before you know it.

Karl

Ron Jones near Indy
06-16-2005, 8:12 PM
John,
Good to hear things went well. Don't be tempted to get in the shop too soon. Patience is a virtue, you know. ;)