PDA

View Full Version : wackiest machine color scheme?

Tai Fu
01-09-2014, 1:45 PM
Share your picture of machines with the wackiest color scheme out there....

Here is one: A 14" welded steel bandsaw painted in a Hello Kitty color scheme... just add the Hello Kitty...

Erik Loza
01-09-2014, 3:38 PM
When I first got in the industry and was working for Felder, the Hammer machines were teal, purple, and yellow...

LOL, nobody wanted one back then. I think their decision to change to red and grey was a positive one!

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Brian Tymchak
01-09-2014, 3:39 PM
Here is one: A 14" welded steel bandsaw painted in a Hello Kitty color scheme... just add the Hello Kitty...

I don't know. There's just something very wrong about that...

And I sure hope my wife doesn't see it. Being pink, she'll want one, or 2. (she's not a wood-worker...)

Ray Newman
01-09-2014, 4:06 PM
Do not have a picture. But I have often thought about having my Uni-saw re-painted a "candy apple red", with white pin striping and flames along the base and/or the motor cover.

Bruce Page
01-09-2014, 5:49 PM
I have read that they are good machines but I have always thought Woodworker’s Supply’s house brand of flat green & yellow machines to be the ugliest out there.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me they are painful to look at.

Rick Potter
01-09-2014, 6:59 PM
Bruce,

Funny, that was my choice too.

Rick Potter

Ben Martin
01-09-2014, 11:41 PM
There is always this classic...

Ben

Joe Jensen
01-10-2014, 1:30 AM
I was lucky enough to get a personal tour of the Felder factory in Austria. When we were in the paint (powder coat) building my host pointed at some hot pink factory jigs and explained that Felder builds every machine to order and for a reasonable fee they will paint in any color you want. They've had 700 Series machines painted to look like 900 series and Format series. They also had a customer have a set of machines painted hot pink. They buy the powder for the powder coat in large pallet boxes and since they had a ton left with limited prospects of selling more hot pink machines they decided to use the powder on their internal fixtures. The host wasn't sure why that customer ordered hot pink, interesting for sure.

Dan Hintz
01-10-2014, 8:54 AM
And I sure hope my wife doesn't see it. Being pink, she'll want one, or 2. (she's not a wood-worker...)

This may solve the age-old problem of how to get tool purchases past our wives... if we can suck it up, just have them paint it a pretty color and the wife will have no problem with the cute tool you just purchased.

Kelly Colin Mark
01-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Do not have a picture. But I have often thought about having my Uni-saw re-painted a "candy apple red", with white pin striping and flames along the base and/or the motor cover.
Me too ! http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?179669-The-250-Unisaw&p=2038939#post2038939

Larry Edgerton
01-10-2014, 6:50 PM
I tore my panel router apart and refurbished and all I had was "RED!" from an automotive paintjob. I Like it! I see no real reason for dreary colors in a space that I spend so much time. I have to get to a couple of saws that need some lovin, and I am thinking Flames on one a Scalops on the other.

Larry

Jeff Duncan
01-10-2014, 7:28 PM
I tore my panel router apart and refurbished and all I had was "RED!" from an automotive paintjob. I Like it! I see no real reason for dreary colors in a space that I spend so much time. I have to get to a couple of saws that need some lovin, and I am thinking Flames on one a Scalops on the other.

Larry

Red you say……just so happens I've just finished up spraying my latest acquisition with "Chili Pepper Red" and it looks pretty good to me:D

Pictures to follow next week….after I re-assemble.

JeffD

Rich Riddle
01-10-2014, 7:33 PM
That's not a bad color scheme. Didn't Matt have a candy apple red table saw with whit striping or accents?

Leigh Betsch
01-10-2014, 9:01 PM

Larry
Hey, I'm still waiting to see that!

Alan Bienlein
01-10-2014, 9:20 PM
When I first got in the industry and was working for Felder, the Hammer machines were teal, purple, and yellow...

LOL, nobody wanted one back then. I think their decision to change to red and grey was a positive one!

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

I don't know about that as I kind of like the look of those colors. It would be unique.