PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Cool Knobs & Pulls.com

Dave Nanke
01-08-2014, 2:01 PM
I need to order a kitchen full of door/drawer pulls and I'd like to find the same pull in different sizes. Does anyone have experience ordering from Cool Knobs and Pulls.com? They appear to have just what I need in stainless steel pulls. But it's a "CKP" brand, and I've never heard of them. Not that I'm overly familiar with any brand, but would like to hear from anyone that has experience with this company.

Thanks!
Dave

Mark Bolton
01-08-2014, 2:05 PM
If your worried as youve never seen that brand in hand just order a couple, or even ask for a sample. Even if they wont send you a sample ordering a couple will be cheaper than getting the entire job and shipping it back. Tossing a couple on the shelf is no big deal across an entire kitchen of pulls.

Keith Hankins
01-08-2014, 3:12 PM
Had a rush need for some cherry knobs over the holidays. I ordered and received them quickly and product was good. Met my needs.

Sam Murdoch
01-08-2014, 3:39 PM
I haven't dealt with Cool Knobs but here is a cabinet hardware company that I like a lot - Top Knobs. Their web site is not so user friendly because they have so much product but once you spend some time looking it gets easier. They do send samples - any 3 knobs/pulls (less than 7" long) for only a $5.00 S&H charge. http://www.topknobs.com/Default.aspx

Jeff Duncan
01-08-2014, 6:02 PM
If you have a hardware retailer close by you may want to look there first. I've looked at several of the online vendors and they are almost always more expensive than buying locally. Doesn't make sense to me, just my experience. Also stainless steel hardware is incredibly expensive and it is not all created equal. I've seen some really cheap junk that was not nearly as nice as the less expensive plated brass equivalent. I just finished a bathroom where they spent roughly $800 on SS hardware. Looks great, but too much for my wallet:o

good luck,
JeffD

Mark Bolton
01-08-2014, 6:12 PM
If you have a hardware retailer close by you may want to look there first. I've looked at several of the online vendors and they are almost always more expensive than buying locally. Doesn't make sense to me, just my experience. Also stainless steel hardware is incredibly expensive and it is not all created equal. I've seen some really cheap junk that was not nearly as nice as the less expensive plated brass equivalent. I just finished a bathroom where they spent roughly $800 on SS hardware. Looks great, but too much for my wallet:o

good luck,
JeffD

This has been a lot of our experience. Many of our customers who have ordered from online sources with reviews that say "nice stuff" are people who have never in their life had a nice piece of hardware in their hands. Its not to say $10/pull is what you ahve to spend but a couple samples or a small order is pretty cheap when you add it up.

Rich Riddle
01-08-2014, 7:06 PM
I ordered some knobs from Cool Knobs and Pulls. They don't send lots of correspondence and they are very slow, but the product is wonderful when it arrives.

Dave Nanke
01-08-2014, 7:30 PM
Thanks everybody - I appreciate it!! I think I'll order a couple from them. The pulls I'm going to get are in the $5 - $8 range (5" to 10" size). I'm not sure what "good" stainless steel pulls should cost, so I'm going to compare the quality and price to what I can find locally as well.

Jeff Duncan
01-09-2014, 10:28 AM
I don't know if it's a question of what they "should cost" or if its name brand or what? Plus you have different finishes and different pull require different amounts of machine work. The pulls I just installed were roughly 4" wide and went for $24 a piece. But they were also a polished "chrome like" finish. I also installed some SS pocket door pulls that went for $95 a piece…..which was $20 cheaper than online:eek:

good luck,
JeffD

Rich Riddle
02-05-2014, 7:08 AM
I placed an order from them on January 19 and it arrived yesterday, February 4. Not bad considering it was an order for granite knobs.