PDA

View Full Version : How to mark nursing home clothing?

Stephen Tashiro
01-08-2014, 7:39 AM
The clothes of a friend in a nursing home are supposed to be marked with the friend's name. What's an effective and convenient way to do this? Permanent markers work for light clothes but I haven't found any that work well on dark colors.

George Bokros
01-08-2014, 7:56 AM
Sew a white tag on somewhere on a shirt tail or somewhere that cannot be seen and then mark it with black permanent marker.

Rudy Ress
01-08-2014, 8:41 AM
Silver metalic color Sharpie. Get it at Lowes.

terry mccammon
01-08-2014, 10:35 AM
The postit people and others make small, white tabs that permanently stick to clothing making a clear white surface to write on. We did that with the Wife's Father and it works great. Fast, simple and permanent.

Stephen Tashiro
01-08-2014, 2:22 PM
The postit people and others make small, white tabs that permanently stick to clothing making a clear white surface to write on.

Are these iron-on products? I could manage that.

Rudy Ress
01-08-2014, 5:45 PM
The problem we had with my MIL's place was they cut/tore off the iron and sewed in labels.

Frank Drew
01-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Another tip: Don't send any items that needs special treatment such as hand washing or dry cleaning unless you're there every day and can closely monitor the clothing situation.

Rick Potter
01-10-2014, 1:09 PM
It's not just the laundry. My mom lost a couple walkers.. marked with her name. The other patients would just walk off with them, and they would end up in someone's room. I finally wrapped bright yellow electrical tape all over the legs. That way, the attendants would notice it.

Rick Potter

Larry Edgerton
01-10-2014, 6:56 PM
My grandma was having that trouble and I offered to buy her prison uniforms, easy to spot. She laughed, but declined.......

Larry

Myk Rian
01-10-2014, 8:49 PM
Embroidery.