PDA

View Full Version : Concealed damage to Blum undermount slide. Anyone else see this?

Dennis Hawkins
01-07-2014, 11:03 AM
I recently purchase my first set of Blum undermount slides from CSH .In the master carton of (6) pair was this slide with a broken part. I contacted CSH and the rep was surprised to hear of this. They are sending a replacement pair out N/C without even seeing the issue.

Anyone else see this before? Looks like maybe the metal crimp over the plastic part was overdone causing the plastic part to split.?
I dont see this as a shipping damage issue as the exterior box was in great shape. It did not look mis-handled in any way. The slide itself is in perfect condition.
I'd hate to toss the slide for such a small part but I dont suspect I'd be able to get a replacement from Blum.

Jeff Duncan
01-07-2014, 3:15 PM
The slides are pretty heavy so the plastic bits can be damaged if handled roughly in transit…..even if the box doesn't show obvious signs of it. I have had the odd damaged slide come in when I was still ordering them, never had any problems getting credit for them though. I luckily found a local wholesaler so I now avoid that problem.

good luck,
JeffD