PDA

View Full Version : Butler's Pantry Built-in

Bob Kovacs
01-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Morning, All-

First post here, so I thought I'd start with my latest project. The boss wanted a built-in to replace the butler's pantry that we had in our previous house, so I built this 8' long unit. It's birch ply and pine face frames, built in my new barn/shop using a bunch of Festool equipment. Still need to do the doors, which will probably be flat panel with cope/stick joints. I've done quite a few of these in the past, and am now starting to get into smaller stuff like wine racks, and hope to start doing wine stoppers, and other salable items.

Sean Hughto
01-07-2014, 4:04 PM
Well done. Those giant projects are so daunting for me. I need to build some built ins near this scale for at least two rooms in my house, and never seem to get started - it's always more tempting to make a smaller thing that I can finish faster not to mention will be lighter! ;-) Really nice work.

Von Bickley
01-07-2014, 4:38 PM
Looks great..... Now we need some pictures of that new barn/shop.

Bob Kovacs
01-07-2014, 6:54 PM
Well done. Those giant projects are so daunting for me. I need to build some built ins near this scale for at least two rooms in my house, and never seem to get started - it's always more tempting to make a smaller thing that I can finish faster not to mention will be lighter! ;-) Really nice work.

I hear that. I've got another one to do to the left of that door, only 10' wide instead of 8'. My challenge is not rushing to get done once I've started- I always want to get on to the next project.....

Bob Kovacs
01-07-2014, 6:56 PM
Looks great..... Now we need some pictures of that new barn/shop.

Live got some on my work laptop- I'll post them in a new thread tomorrow morning. The barn was built in 2007 and is about 1,800sf- it came with the house we bought (or as I like to say, the barn came with a house.....lol). I've got to build some space for the two pigs that occupy part of it, and then I'll be able to claim more of the space for myself.