PDA

View Full Version : CerMark/ TherMak color?

Balsanu Gabi
01-06-2014, 1:05 PM
Hi to all,

I need to make a house plaque (outside use) from brass or stainless steel. I will use my CNC router for making the base. The customer want to have some colors on the the letters and numbers (let say red and green). I was thinking to use CerMark for ethching the plate, but I dont know if they (Ferro Corporation) do colors. That being said I need some information about how I can achive the customer needs.

Thank you
GB

matthew knott
01-06-2014, 2:48 PM
The colours are expensive and not really very vivid, plus you have to by quite a lot from ferro, Why not use the cnc to engrave the plate, then fill with paint, that would be the normal method.

Balsanu Gabi
01-06-2014, 2:57 PM
Hi Matthew,

I know what you mean (thank you taking time to post), but the details cannot be achieved by a CNC machine, maybe a EDM... I was thinking to etch the metal with ferric acid. I will look further. Maybe someone else will post another ideea.

GB

matthew knott
01-06-2014, 3:02 PM
Ferric acid is an excellent way, you could (i havent tried this but will one day) paint the plate, laser the paint away thus forming a mask then etch it in ferric then use paint stripper to get all the paint off. Etching signs is probably the quickest, best and cheapest method