PDA

View Full Version : Does LV offer a re-sharpening?

Frederick Skelly
01-05-2014, 9:57 PM
Ive seen that some outfits which sell handsaws will resharpen their products (only) for a pretty low price. Anyone know if LV does? I can call and ask, but I figured someone here would know.

(Please dont make me learn to sharpen saws yet. :) Ive got enough challenges trying to perfect my plane iron sharpening,)

Don Dorn
01-05-2014, 11:45 PM
No, they don't offer that service, or least didn't a year ago.

Jim Belair
01-06-2014, 8:16 AM
You don't say where you're located Frederick but if you're near a store, they usually have a binder of reference material that lists local saw sharpeners.

Roderick Gentry
01-06-2014, 10:36 AM
You can usually get one free sharpening out of a saw, where ham fisted efforts still do more good than harm. Then unless you have greater skill, it would be off to the sharpeners. That should hold you a long time, unless you are really productive. I mean how many full pieces of furniture can you get out of a dovetail saw before you need to take it in for it's third sharpening. You can spend a ton of time on a piece of furniture for only cutting a few few yards of dovetails. Course saws are pretty easy to sharpen, so maybe there is hope in that.