PDA

View Full Version : Bench Compressor project

Keith Hankins
01-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Well, the wife & kids got me a pancake compressor for Christmas. I'd been wanting to replace the monstor craftsman 30 gal tank monster that will make you deaf when running.

I'd bought a spring loaded hose reel from Harbor Freight back in the spring when it was on sale with the intent of replacing the big hose with my 1/4" one and mounting it on the wall. I hate rolling up that hose its always getting twisted and it just ends up ticking me off. The reel is cheaply made and used the hose to go from the swivel bushing and would stay crimped and cut off the air. I decided to mount it under my work bench and upgrade the fittings to brass ones. When it was done it looks like something much better. I will be able to pull my nailers to anywhere in the shop and when done just pull a little bit on the hose and let it wind itself up. The compressor has a second hookup in the front in case I need it. I think I may put a trigger operated airgun for blowing off dust.

Matt Day
01-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Nice work! I had the same annoyance with having air hoses all over and them being a pita to roll up. 9/10 times I'm using the air for cleaning or something small, so I bought a coiled air hose that works great!