PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman 12 in RAS (maybe a gloat mayby not)

Lamar Horton
06-11-2005, 9:10 PM
I picked it up from an ad in the paper for $115, its an older model 1974 I think. Everything is tight and operates smoothly. It's 220v and runs fine. It also has a spindle of some sort on the opposite side of the blade, I'm guessing for attachments and such. It needs a table and new blade, the previous owner had a bunch of 2x4's nailed together for a table. (That was the first thing to go)

I am left scratching my head about the arbor size. It's 5/8 and all the 12" blades I have seen have a 1" bore. Is there a sleeve or something that is missing or did 12" blades have 5/8 bores in the back in the 70's?

Thanks
Lamar

martyphee
06-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Delta/Rockwell did the same thing. Forrest and Systimatic make 12" blades with 5/8" arbor. You can also get a bushing that will allow it to take 1" arbor blades. I just bought a systimatic blade. Looks really nice. I'm almost done with the restore of my '70 Delta/Rockwell 12" RAS. Can't wait to try it out.

Tough thing is finding a 10" dado with a 5/8 arbor. Forrest has them, but for $410. Though you can use the same 8" that you use for your table saw, which I'm going to do until I can find a 10" dado.

Lamar Horton
06-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks, I thought I was doomed to a 10" blade, knowing all the while I had 12" capabilities