PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Track Saw Mods

Bruce Dillingham
01-04-2014, 5:12 PM
Got the Grizzly Track saw. Been reviewing all the mods people made to enhance it. I fixed the depth stop adjustment and it is real smooth now. Grizzly sells the glide strips for the tracks. They are real cheap. Easier to just add 2 more to the track at the saw base extremes than to remove the old ones and move them.

Trying to fine a softer spring before I cut the existing one. Has anyone found one?

I think this is a good saw for the price.

Joe Scharle
01-04-2014, 7:04 PM
I cut a 1/2" off of my spring. Now it's usable one-handed.

david brum
01-04-2014, 9:48 PM
I actually tried a softer spring but found that the saw was uncomfortably slow to retract. While I had the spring out though, I also noticed that the pivot for the plunge action was really stiff. It was stiff enough that significant additional pressure was required to make the plunge work. I disassembled the pivot and found that the mating parts were slightly out of alignment. I cleaned up the alignment by drilling through the works with the appropriate size bit, removing a tiny bit of material so I could slide in the pivot pin by hand. After I reassembled everything, the plunge was much easier to operate. I reinstalled the original spring and was surprised at how much easier the saw plunges. I can now plunge with one hand, although the handle is at a bizarre, awkward angle for starting the plunge. I usually start the plunge with two hands on the saw, then finish the cut with one hand on the handle and the other holding the vac hose.

The mod was a bit of a hassle but not technically difficult. Otherwise, I'm very happy with my Griz track saw. I use it all the time and am always surprised at the quality of the cut I'm getting when I use it.