PDA

View Full Version : laptop for shenhui / RDcam laserworks

Martin James
01-03-2014, 8:33 PM
Hi I am putting together a laser cuter-laptop-software system. I have spent a lot of time reading the forum and copying many posts. I am planning on a shenhui purchase, so rdcam laserworks 6.

There are a number of things that are not clear to me. Even after much reading.

#1 Am I stuck using a 32 bit version of Windows because of the drivers?

#2 Can I only start laserworks while it is connected to the laser.
For example can I, start laserworks, sleep the computer, drive home and then work?

#2b Can I save to USB drive then cut from that?

#3 What is the most recent stable or recommended combo of Windows and Corel Draw?

#4 Can this be accomplished on a mac. With just bootcamp? or do you recomend parrallels?

#5 Or should I just buy a new laptop, and if so, am I correct that it should be a windows 7 32bit?

#6 Can windows 7 run photoshop CS2?

Thanks for being patient, I know that this information is on the forum, but it is difficult to find on account that word searches often turn up the machines and computers in our signatures.

I am trying to keep it simple and maybe even do a good part of my designs on the ipad.

Thanks Marty

Jerome Stanek
01-04-2014, 8:48 AM
I use laserwork 6 and once I connect the computer to the laser to install laserwork 6 and it can start then I can shut it down and disconncet from the laser and run it anytime without reconnecting. I have it on my design computer in my house and make my files and the either load them on a thumb drive or I have a network storage drive that I send it to. I then can go out and either use the computer in the shop that is hooked to the laser or plug the USB into the laser to run the file.

George M. Perzel
01-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Marty;
OK-will give it a shot:

#1 Am I stuck using a 32 bit version of Windows because of the drivers? No-I use win 7 64 bit with Laserworks

#2 Can I only start laserworks while it is connected to the laser. Yes, but once connected you can shut of laser and use Laserworks as long as computer is not shut off. Not sure why you would want to as LW is lousy for designing. I use Coreldraw and then import bitmaps and AI into LW.
For example can I, start laserworks, sleep the computer, drive home and then work?

#2b Can I save to USB drive then cut from that? Yes

#3 What is the most recent stable or recommended combo of Windows and Corel Draw? Would guess win7 and X6 but have no exp with Win8.

#4 Can this be accomplished on a mac. With just bootcamp? or do you recomend parrallels? Dunno-not a Mac guy

#5 Or should I just buy a new laptop, and if so, am I correct that it should be a windows 7 32bit? See above- I am running Win7 Pro 64 bit with LW

#6 Can windows 7 run photoshop CS2? Yes

Best Regards,
George
Laserarts