PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight HVLP guns?

M. A. Espinoza
06-11-2005, 4:08 PM
I'm looking for a cheap 2nd HVLP to spray my sealer shellac without having to do the surgically clean routine when I switch to my WB lacquer top coat.

I have a Devilbiss Finishline III that I'm happy with just trying to speed things up a bit.

Are any of the HF guns any good? They have several and thought I might take a chance since its just for sealer.

Thanks,

Tim Brewers
06-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Many people have this one, including me and it has served me very well. I have shot everything from stains to latex paints. It often goes on sale for under $30.

Do a search for #43430

Brew

brent lenthall
06-12-2005, 9:26 PM
I have the HF HVLP gun you mentioned and it's worth the money (esp. on sale). It spray as good or better than the Sharpe Cobalt HVLP gun I picked up to spray primer and pigmented topcoats. However, depending on what your using, the 1.4 tip may slow you down. I've also heard great things about the Astro gravity HVLP guns from spraygunworld.com. They are less than $100 and some people say the are equal to the SATA guns they are modeled after.

brent

Rudy Fuselier
06-12-2005, 9:59 PM
Does the HF 43430 gun come with the appropriate tip for spraying latex? Or, do I have to buy that extra? If so, what tip would I need? thanks

brent lenthall
06-12-2005, 10:29 PM
I think you have to order the larger nozzle 2.0 or 2.2 . I wouldn't try spraying latex unless I used an airless rig. Waterbourne acrylics (Fuhr or Target) would be a better choice.

Don Selke
06-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Rudy:

HVLP spray guns conversion or otherwise are really not designed to spray latex paint. It is true that if you really thin the paint with water you can spray it but it would take many coats to acheive the same results if you use a airless sprayer with latex. I spray acrylics with my HVLP conversion guns.

Tim Brewers
06-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Does the HF 43430 gun come with the appropriate tip for spraying latex? Or, do I have to buy that extra? If so, what tip would I need? thanks

You will have to buy the larger tip.

Brew

Kirk (KC) Constable
06-13-2005, 6:40 AM
I bought the cheaper of the two HF rigs that come with the 2 quart remote pot...I think the normal price was $69 or so, on sale for $49. I spray lacquer with it just fine, but it does take some 'fiddling' to get it set properly. I had nothing but misery trying to spray lacquer with a turbine unit (Campbell Hausfeld).

KC