PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui stamp shoulders

Ivan Oleksa
01-02-2014, 9:45 AM
Hello everyone, I'm totally newbie in this area of work.

Recently, we've started family business in sandblasting and now extended it to laser engraving.
We've bought a Shenhui SH-G350. Everything is going well except for one thing.

I saw in description of laser machine that's possible to do slope engraving. I took little research and found out (if I'm not wrong) that slope engraving is actually the same thing as "stamp shoulder" in stamp rubber mode. Problem is that Laserwork V6 which comes with this laser machine doesn't have simple "one-click" mode for rubber stamp, or I can't find it myself. I've read the manual few times but couldn't find anything helpful about that.

So I'm asking anyone who knows how to set that in Laserworks (RDCAM) to help me if possible. I don't want any 3D complicated "things" to engrave, only letters to look like 3D (something like this: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ePGdi9UP5LQ/maxresdefault.jpg).

Thank you in advance,
Ivan

Kev Williams
01-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I have a Triumph that came with a program called PHsoft/PHcad, and it also has a slope-engraving function. Haven't tried it, and I've actually never done or needed 'slope' or a stamp function in 13 years of lasering, but it looks interesting! Anyway, according to my software you need to enter the depth of the cut (approximate?) and the width of the slope (I assume the difference between the surface width and the width you want at the bottom of the cut)...

Definitely not "one click" for sure! But then, if there's one thing I've found with my Chinese machine, not much IS 'one click'! (however, I DO like having a virtual machine touch-pad on the computer, that's new to me)

Wish I could be more help, good luck!