PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments - Christmas

Dennis Peacock
12-30-2013, 8:57 AM
30 Dec 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
Woke up this morning with the temps in the upper 20's. The good thing is that I have heat, the bad thing is that I was lazy last year and didn't take time to cut more firewood for the woodstove. Live and learn I guess. :)

Got all the cutting boards made and delivered. I still need to make about 10 more for family members. I already told them that they would not be getting them in time for Christmas and they were ok with that. It's been fun making the boards and it's nice to see people appreciate what you made for them. Makes ya feel good inside.

Spent a lot of time on the road last week, totaled 1,250 miles on the road and we finally got our own van out of the body shop. Now I have a punch list for them to go over and fix because there are rattles in the doors, some electrical stuff doesn't work any more, and the list continues to grow from there. The LOML is now back home and her mother is recovering from her surgery nicely and we are all thankful for it all went well. Back operations are never easy nor pleasant.

Back to the day job today and it's time for the LOML and I to prepare for the annual "junk food night" on New Years Eve.

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. I'd like to say "Happy New Year!!!!" to each of you and wish you the best of all for all of 2014.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?
Best of New Years Weeks...to you all.

Shawn Pixley
12-30-2013, 3:28 PM
Friday I took LOML to dinner and a movie. Saturday I took the time to do a little maintence, check-up and tune up on my tablesaw. I extended the miter slots into my folding outfeed table. After that I replaced the bridge and intonated an old Gretsch of mine. The previous bridge was junk and it slipped if you got a bit exuberant with your playing. Sunday I worked on a dovetailed box. For some reason I couldn't saw effectively. Today I seem to be able to saw again...

Matt Meiser
12-30-2013, 7:36 PM
LOML's family Christmas get together was at our house Saturday afternoon so we ran out in the morning to pick up supplies. I did get a little time in the shop to fabricate a mount for an outdoor access point I got for Christmas. Sunday morning messed around trying to get a cable made for it then gave up and ordered one on eBay before church and LOMLjr's basketball practice. After that we headed out on an overnight trip to burn some hotel points and take them shopping (ok, I got to go to Microcenter and a large tool store too) yesterday and today.