PDA

View Full Version : The Project You're Most Proud of?

Michele Vespi
12-30-2013, 8:03 AM
As many know I am just getting my feet wet and with any endeavor there are joys & setbacks. Perhaps you can share some of your masterpieces with a little story about what it took you to get there. :D I'd love to see pictures too!

Jim Matthews
12-30-2013, 8:14 PM
No Masterpiece in my portfolio, yet.

I'm proud of the stuff my kids use, on a daily basis.
Those things are painted garish colors, and buried under "kid shrapnel" -

but I made them, and they get used which gives me such naches,
disproportionate to my skill set.

Knowing that every joint, every surface was made by me -
without slaughtering electrons; that's satisfying.

Brett Robson
12-30-2013, 8:57 PM
I wouldn't call anything I've built a masterpiece, although I'm usually mostly pleased with each one when I'm done. As I struggle to improve with each piece I make, the most current one is always a step above the last.

I suppose the last chest of drawers I built and a highboy I made a while back are probably the two pieces I'm currently most pleased with, although neither are perfect nor to the level of those here who are real cabinetmakers.

Michelle Rich
12-31-2013, 6:48 AM
wow! Brett, you should be proud & estatic..these are gorgeous. Great job

Stew Hagerty
12-31-2013, 11:09 AM
As many know I am just getting my feet wet and with any endeavor there are joys & setbacks. Perhaps you can share some of your masterpieces with a little story about what it took you to get there. :D I'd love to see pictures too!

Well Michelle, My favorite project and the one that I am by far most proud of, was actually my first major project. I made a rocking horse for my granddaughter's 2nd Christmas. I used 10/4 African Mahogany planed to a 2" finished thickness for the body (1" for the legs), Hard Maple for the rockers, Butternut for the hand-carved seat, and a variety of other woods for inlays and overlays.

The story of my build can be found here:

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/woodworking-tips-1308aug/showusyourwoodworking.html

And here are a couple of photo's:

Bryce Adams
12-31-2013, 12:48 PM
This is a cherry cabinet I built for my son and his wife for a wedding gift.

278591 278592 278593

278594 278595

I usually am critical of pieces I build and can see places where I could have done better. This cabinet, however, was the best piece of work I've ever done.

Stew Hagerty
12-31-2013, 2:09 PM
Very nice Bryce! I love the grain matched drawers and the slightly bowed front. Great dovetail work by the way...

Prashun Patel
12-31-2013, 2:46 PM
I see why you say that. Very nice.

Michele Vespi
12-31-2013, 5:29 PM
You guys are a true inspiration! Clearly i've come to right place! Thank you all so much !!

Jim Matthews
12-31-2013, 7:44 PM
Sure, you show off for the girls.

You've been holding out on us, Bryce.
Kudos

Mike Allen1010
12-31-2013, 11:15 PM
Bryce, awesome cabinet Jim's right you've been holding out on us . Would loves to see more pics!

Seriously-a beautiful wedding gift for your son and Stew's a rocking horse for his adorable grand daughter - I declare we have Winners! I give can't think of anything cooler than those!! Well done men!

All the best, Mike

Rick Moyer
01-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Not necessarily all that proud of this one as I made too many mistakes along the way, however it is one of my favorite's. I always liked grandfather clocks but didn't feel I was comfortable/skilled enough to tackle such a project yet, so I decided on a mantle clock instead. Cherry with only a shellac finish.

It has a mechanical movement (wind-up). Kit was from Klockit, drawings and hardware.

Neal Clayton
01-01-2014, 8:34 PM
The three custom casements in the front of my house. I built a lot of pretty standard (for the early 1900s) double hungs, but these were meticulously done to avoid reproducing any other common muntin patterns I'd seen around town, and to make the joints as perfect as my tools are capable of.

Even sandblasted and re-patina'd the old brass hardware with acid to be reused. They have inside turn locks which recess into the casings (sorry for the bad cellphone pics ya can't really tell). The inside finish is shellac to match the old heart pine floor color.

I've not built anything else that I could look at and say "well, these joints are flawless", but these three windows are...the only time I've managed to do that.

Yonak Hawkins
01-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Here are two projects I enjoyed giving away the most as they were memorably recieved .. a walnut bench and an elm, cherry & walnut mantle clock :

Lee Reep
01-02-2014, 12:36 AM
My oldest daughter has two of the nicest pieces I've built, but I did build a pretty nice dog bowl stand for the younger daughter. :) (Married daughter has a home, younger daughter is still doing the apartment thing, and so she has told me she will collect from em later ...)

Here is a hanging corner china cabinet and a step stool for my oldest daughter. China cabinet is maple with purple heart accents. Step stool is walnut and sassafras. Both were challenging lots of angles on the first, lots of pieces on the second!). Last picture is my newest interest -- peppermills using laminated segments. The completed one, my first peppermill, went to wife's nephew and family for Christmas. The unturned one was just finished yesterday -- for my wife. She rarely gets any of my woodworking projects, so I thought I should change that.

278717 278718

278719 278720

Justin Rapp
01-02-2014, 11:42 AM
This is one of my projects, and I'd have to say, as of now, 'most proud'.

Jim Rimmer
01-02-2014, 12:40 PM
It's hard to pick a favorite. Here's a blanket chest I made for my married daughter and one ow two night stands I made for my wife.

Stew Hagerty
01-02-2014, 1:46 PM
Not necessarily all that proud of this one as I made too many mistakes along the way, however it is one of my favorite's. I always liked grandfather clocks but didn't feel I was comfortable/skilled enough to tackle such a project yet, so I decided on a mantle clock instead. Cherry with only a shellac finish.

It has a mechanical movement (wind-up). Kit was from Klockit, drawings and hardware.

I love your clock Rick. I made a mantle clock as a house warming gift for my son & daughter-in-law, but I like the face of yours so much better. I was pretty satisfied with the case (I made it from a really nice single billet of tiger maple), but the face I picked was fairly plain. I originally picked it because I didn't want anything to detract from the case, but in retrospect, I think I would have preferred something with at least a little more character.

Stan Mitchell
01-02-2014, 3:34 PM
This isn't my proudest necessarily - but it was my first attempt at inlay and it turned out nice enough that it inspired me to continue to do inlay on projects that came afterwards. This one get a lot of attention due to being on our dining table.

I just find it interesting that sometimes when we try something new - that "new" thing can influence our projects for years to come.

Chris Griggs
01-02-2014, 4:36 PM
Cherry and QS sycamore jewelry chest I made for my mother and gave to her as a gift 2 Xmases ago. It was inspired by several jewelry chests my grandfather made for my aunts. He's still around, but he stopped making them before my mom ever got one, so I made a similar one but of my own design.

278813 278811

William Adams
01-02-2014, 6:01 PM
Archery case (Ascham):

Needed a case to fit my Bear Custom Kodiak T/D and other gear, so my first project since high school shop three decades ago:

- 34 ½” x 11 ½” x ~3 ½”
- red oak boards and 1/8” plywood floating in grooves/dadoes
- uses solid brass hardware throughout (save for the hidden (old-style Stanley) bullet catches and their strike plates, and Chinese rare earth magnets)—- handle: England, stay chain: Italy, hinges and ball catches: U.S.A., catches: Taiwan, corner protectors: unknown, probably China (the bow and everything else is made in the U.S., save for the arrows from Korea)
- rare earth magnets in the arrow holder to keep the arrows in place
- I’ve since installed brass corner protectors
- dovetailed corners for the case, dowel joints for the arrow holder
- all hand tools, save for an electric drill to drill the holes for the arrows

Had to pre-finish the arrowholder and inside of the case (incl. groove / dadoes) since the arrow holder is hinged on 3/8” dowels (lubricated w/ bee’s wax)

Next one will use rare earth magnets w/ a countersunk hole, so arrows can be slightly longer (but I’ll need to put some sort of washer or grommet in the countersink to keep points from chipping the magnet?)

I’d like to source (or make) formed (not flat) solid brass strike plates—- suggestions?

I’d also like to find a key lock which would fit in the less than ½” stock.

The next version won’t have the dividers (instead, I’ll make a wooden box and brass clips to hold it in place on the right) and I’ll probably shorten the arrow holder so it falls at the half-way mark. I’ll also probably inset the catches. It also won’t be ebonized—- suggestions for dark finishes for red oak?.

Considered insetting the corner protectors and countersinking screws to attach them, but that’s a lotof screws.

Still not happy w/ the foam insert I cut (and I’ve since replaced the black cloth w/ green felt)—- considering making one of papier mache and covering that w/ flocking—- other alternatives?

Shawn Pixley
01-03-2014, 11:55 AM

This is my favorite at the moment.

This time next year I hope to have a new favorite.

Dave Verstraete
01-03-2014, 2:52 PM
This is my favorite. Waterfall Bubinga with walnut.

Stew Hagerty
01-03-2014, 2:52 PM
This isn't my proudest necessarily - but it was my first attempt at inlay and it turned out nice enough that it inspired me to continue to do inlay on projects that came afterwards. This one get a lot of attention due to being on our dining table.

I just find it interesting that sometimes when we try something new - that "new" thing can influence our projects for years to come.

Now that is really something Stan. I think it is a great design, and a very bold statement on the table top. It's beautiful!

Stew Hagerty
01-03-2014, 2:54 PM
Cherry and QS sycamore jewelry chest I made for my mother and gave to her as a gift 2 Xmases ago. It was inspired by several jewelry chests my grandfather made for my aunts. He's still around, but he stopped making them before my mom ever got one, so I made a similar one but of my own design.

278813 278811

Fantastic job Chris! I'm sure your mom loved it, and that your dad is very proud of the way you have continued in his footsteps.

Stew Hagerty
01-03-2014, 2:57 PM
This is my favorite at the moment.

This time next year I hope to have a new favorite.

Shawn... THAT IS FREAKIN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! Despite it's size, it has a lightness because of the "floating" cases within their frames. The wood is gorgeous too. WOW!!

Stew Hagerty
01-03-2014, 2:59 PM
This is my favorite. Waterfall Bubinga with walnut.

Who doesn't love Bubinga? The grain matching is really nice. Cool design, I really like it.

alex grams
01-03-2014, 3:11 PM
My dad wanted a big desk, so we went back and forth forever to refine a design, finally got it detailed out:

White oak burl tops, crotch oak doors, figured oak panels, and quartersawn framing:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172950&d=1285212599

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172951&d=1285212599

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172947&d=1285212490

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172953&d=1285212654

Rick Moyer
01-03-2014, 3:50 PM
Alex, are there drawers just at the end sections? It would appear from the front you couldn't open more otherwise.

alex grams
01-03-2014, 4:14 PM
It is tough to see, and I don't have any good photos of the finished setup on the drawers, but the end cabinets are set up so you could put a computer in either one. There are vent holes in the bottom of the cabinet, and the underside of each is fitted with a slot for an air filter, and on the inside (where your feet go) are ports for USB powered fans. So when you turn on the computer, the fans turn on, pull fresh air in through the filter and circulate it in the cabinet.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172871&d=1282825738

Each cabinet is set up this way, and there is a removable/modular drawer unit that can fit in either side opposite of where the computer is, so you can switch which side you want the drawers, and which side you want the computer.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172889&d=1283173146

Stew Hagerty
01-04-2014, 2:33 PM
That is a very cool design Alex. Not to mention, a beautiful execution of it. I bet your dad bragged about it, and you, for a very long time.

Neal Clayton
01-04-2014, 10:57 PM
What's the center like Alex? Is it open and the bottom framed up or is there legs or something supporting the top?

Shawn Pixley
01-05-2014, 3:05 AM
Thanks Stew!

it is 48" wide, 84" tall and 24" deep. It was intended to be a deconstructed cabinet. The trick was to take something that was massive and make it appear lighter.

Tony Streible
01-05-2014, 1:09 PM
I just finished two identical grandfather clocks inspired by Roycroft. This is the one I'm keeping. Solid walnut, Hermle movement, Seedy glass.

Shawn Pixley
01-05-2014, 4:50 PM
That is really nice! Very fun and inventive.

Shawn Pixley
01-05-2014, 4:53 PM
What a wonderful gesture! I'm sure she will enjoy it for years.

Joe A Faulkner
01-05-2014, 6:09 PM
This is one of my favorite projects, primarily because of who it was built for and how it is used. My wife loves to quilt. I designed this sewing notions cabinet for her. It is 22" wide by 74" long and has lots of storage for cloth, batting, thread, and other quilting supplies. It also features a retractable bench designed for the sewing machine to sit on. I planned to build a hutch for this as well, but my wife vetoed it over concern that such a massive piece of cabinetry would over power the room. The drawer slides are hardwood that have been finished with paste wax. They operate with ease. I like this piece because it is practical, heavily utilized, and likely to be used for many years to come. It measures 22" wide, 74" long, 36" tall. The retractable bench top is 30" off the floor.

John Grossi
01-06-2014, 7:38 AM
Hi, Have not posted for quite a while. Two knee surgerys and our first grandson born has kept me out of the shop. Slowly getting back to it when I spotted this thread. I built this cabinet three years ago and posted pics almost three years to the day. It is our version of a hall tree cabinet I saw in a magazine. We needed
to find a spot for items that was taking up valuable kitchen counter space. As I predicted, that space is now taken by new items, such as a large Vitamix juicer
and an oversized Bunn coffee maker. Oh well. The main reason for the post was to show how the cherry has darkened over three years. I understand the lighting is
not the same, but close. If anything the cabinet is now darker then the pics show. In the original post, a member suggested taking out the stairway ballister. I had
considered it and decided not to. Good thing as I am now building a gate so my grandson doesn't take a tumble. Thanks for looking, John

Cary Falk
01-07-2014, 9:38 AM
150 hours for a neighbor friend of mine. He chose all of the materials. I slapped it together. It is his daily player.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/DSC_0397.jpg

Yonak Hawkins
01-07-2014, 9:57 AM
..Slapped together pretty darn well. I love the colors.

Hans Braul
01-07-2014, 9:09 PM
Bryce, this is spectacular! I love it.

Christopher Charles
01-09-2014, 8:18 PM
Really fantastic work by all.

I'd have to say this is my favorite piece so far. A keepsake box made for my 90 year-old grandmother while she was ill (she's since recovered :)) with shop-sawn veneers.

Keep the examples coming!279495279496

Cheers,
Chris C.

Gregory Peterson
01-13-2014, 12:54 AM
http://www.bonsainut.com/images/chair1.jpg

http://www.bonsainut.com/images/chair2.jpg

Sappelle rocker...

Will Boulware
01-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Gregory, that rocker is simply stunning. I'm at a loss for words, but I like everything about it! I especially love the spindles in the back and the way you symmetrically tapered the carving on the tops from the center. Care to divulge a finish schedule for it? :D

Yonak Hawkins
01-14-2014, 2:01 PM
Gregory, that rocker is simply stunning...

Truly a work of art and fine craftsmanship.

Jay Jolliffe
01-14-2014, 3:34 PM
A lot of really nice projects on here. I think the one I'm most proud of is my house279873 It took myself & wife to build 3 years & the second project that took a lot of thought & time was these Shoji doors 279875 The two on the ends slide behind the ones in the middle. On the right is a closet & left is a bathroom. The two end ones are double sided so they look the same on the inside. They're made from poplar died black & the bottom panels that don't show up to good are Macassar Ebony veneer.

Joe A Faulkner
01-14-2014, 9:37 PM
I love the doors, especially the window design; looks like it compliments the windows above. I think the contrast in the black died doors with the window trim above looks great.

Gregory Peterson
01-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Gregory, that rocker is simply stunning. I'm at a loss for words, but I like everything about it! I especially love the spindles in the back and the way you symmetrically tapered the carving on the tops from the center. Care to divulge a finish schedule for it? :D

The craftsmanship is mine, but the design is 100% Hal Taylor. If you like the chair, I would highly recommend you consider contacting him for plans to build one yourself. He is quite a mentor.

The finish schedule is really easy - just labor intensive. Hand sand everything down to 1000 grit until the chair glows / shines like a new penny. Hand rub Danish Oil as a finish. DONE! The wood color you see is the natural color of the sappelle. I made the chair from a single board - had to cut it in half to get it in my SUV :)

http://www.bonsainut.com/images/before.jpg

http://www.bonsainut.com/images/chair4.jpg

http://www.bonsainut.com/images/chair5.jpg

Jack Battersby
01-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Typically we are prototyping new boat designs and don't put the kind of effort I would like into craftsmanship because the goal is to get it on the water and tested. On this boat and its bigger brother, we were shooting a DVD on how to build them at the time, so that gave me the opportunity to slow down a bit and give a little attention to the details.
This particular boat style has been on my to do list for many years simply because they are beautiful. They are technically a Wherry, however most refer to them as a Whitehall because they were originally built in the Whitehall section of NY. They have a long and distinguished history here in the Northeast US. I go the original lines from a very old book. These types of boats were originally meant to carry heavy loads in the harbors of NY, Charleston, Boston and the like so I had to make some modifications to the hull shape to make them more of a recreational boat than a working boat, however I didn't compromise the look of the boat at all. In fact, unless you were a designer or loftsman, I doubt you could tell the difference from the originals.

On launch day, this boat and its longer, slimmer brother were just a delight to row, incredibly fast and kept a true track with almost no effort at all. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Jay Jolliffe
01-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Beautiful chair....I really like the boats also....There was a time I thought I'd build one for my wife to row around but I haven't had the time. I was looking at almost the same design made by Duck Trap Woodworking in Maine. I'd be interested in the DVD when it's ready....

Jack Battersby
01-15-2014, 12:14 PM
HMMMM, not sure if this is allowed and I don't want to incur the wrath of the moderator, so forgive me and let me know if this is not allowed but I don't want to ignore you.

The DVD has been done and available for over a year and is probably the production that I am most proud of. We put a great deal of effort behind this production, it took over a year to film and spent about 2 months in post production. We wanted to make sure that it absolutely covered every aspect of the building process so that home builders would feel confident (and so we didn't get thousands of support calls). As a consequence, it turned out to be a 4 DVD set and over 10 hours long. It has been said that I am long winded. My philosophy is better too much info than not enough.

You can find the DVD set here at Sandy Point Boat Works (http://sandypointboatworks.com/boatstore/boat-building-dvds) and the one you are looking for is called "Whitehalls and Wherries"

Again, not trying to break the rules here.

Matt Kestenbaum
01-19-2014, 10:39 PM
I really like this table. Its not too often that feel that I managed all the details correctly…best use of stock, to joinery, proportions in the design, fairness of the curves…and I think i nailed this one.

Andrew Hughes
01-20-2014, 12:33 AM
Mother Nature did most of the work on this Asian ebony box,I was grateful to be given the chance to work this rare piece of wood.

Joe A Faulkner
01-20-2014, 9:23 AM
What a beautiful box, and as you said, quite awesome material to start with. It must have been a difficult choice to decide which side of the lid panel to use for the outside surface? Did you have the same option with the bottom panel? Where did you source your hardware?

Jack Battersby
01-20-2014, 10:46 AM
What an unusual piece. Nicely done.

thomas prusak
01-24-2014, 9:29 AM
Most proud of this shotgun stock I made as a surprise gift for my dad. He did not get to shoot it much before he fell I'll but he showed it to a lot of people and I know he was proud of me for being able to make it.

joe valsi
01-24-2014, 4:02 PM
Matt, love those dovetails !!

Charlie Fox
01-24-2014, 4:52 PM
i guess i am most proud of my rocking horses that i designed on my own...

James White
02-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Alex,

Where did you get all that amazing oak?

My dad wanted a big desk, so we went back and forth forever to refine a design, finally got it detailed out:

White oak burl tops, crotch oak doors, figured oak panels, and quartersawn framing:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172950&d=1285212599

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172951&d=1285212599

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172947&d=1285212490

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172953&d=1285212654

jeff wilder
02-05-2014, 7:59 AM
Here is my latest work, very pleased how it came out. Should be filled with my new grandson shortly.

281701 281702 281704 281705 281706 281709

David Turner
02-05-2014, 8:44 AM
I have a couple I'm proud of.

David Turner
Plymouth, MI.281710281711281712281713

Jack Battersby
02-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Yep, I am definitely digging that desk.

Yonak Hawkins
02-05-2014, 10:37 AM
David, those are some incredibly fine pieces of furniture, especially that desk. It's a masterwork. I really enjoyed looking at those. Can you share any more ?

I wanted to get a better look at them oriented upright and, since I had done that, I hope you don't mind if I re-posted tham in that orientation.

Frederick Gross
02-06-2014, 7:53 AM
My first built-in project. I made the initial center section 1/4" too wide so I got an additional book case out of the deal.

alex grams
02-06-2014, 4:33 PM
James, I got the veneer from certainlywood.com. They did a great job helping me find the sizes and quality of what I wanted. I can't say enough for how much they helped in sending me pics and working to find the sizes I needed. They were extremely patient and thorough.

James White
02-07-2014, 8:49 AM
James, I got the veneer from certainlywood.com. They did a great job helping me find the sizes and quality of what I wanted. I can't say enough for how much they helped in sending me pics and working to find the sizes I needed. They were extremely patient and thorough.

Wow! What a treasure trove! Thank you for sharing. I always wonder how these guys get the logs for this stuff. I don't mean crotch. But the other types of figure are hard to find and identify in the log form.

Rob Luter
03-01-2014, 6:36 AM
Probably this hall table I built in '09. My company had closed and I had some spare time. It's a little clunky compared to some of the elegant work the SMC crowd does but it suits our Arts and Crafts/Mission décor. I managed to find some killer QSWO for the build and I'm really pleased with how the finish turned out. It stands toe to toe with some Stickley pieces we have.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2538/4080656293_840f041965_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2581/4081446538_cedf84ca47_b.jpg

Sandra Mart
03-01-2014, 8:38 AM
Waoww this is spectacular! I love it.
http://watchfree.me/11/w.png

Bobby O'Neal
03-01-2014, 12:36 PM
What a humbling thread. There is some beautiful work here.

Christopher Charles
03-04-2014, 6:42 PM
Rob, that A&C table finish is fabulous. Could you give the details?

Thanks in advance,
Chris C.

Rob Luter
03-04-2014, 8:51 PM
Rob, that A&C table finish is fabulous. Could you give the details?

Thanks in advance,
Chris C.

Hi Chris. Thanks for the kind words. The original thread is here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?124154-Hall-Table-Finished&highlight=) with construction and finishing details plus a couple more photos. My plans are attached on the second page, post #24.

Dave Bonde
03-04-2014, 9:57 PM
I have built a lot of different projects over the years but the one I am the most proud of is the one I didn't build. This is my son's work, he has spent a lot of time in the shop with me and I am proud to be able to pass my skills and appreciation for creating on to him.283987

Warren Street
03-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Just awesome!

Don Huffer
03-08-2014, 3:20 PM
I've built rocking chairs before. Tell your son he should be as proud of his work as his father is. Very very nice.

Dave Bonde
03-08-2014, 8:00 PM
Thanks guys, yes Don I will tell him nice for him to hear that from other woodworkers.

Dave

Brian Holcombe
03-09-2014, 10:00 AM
This thread is really cool, the posted projects are incredible.

Built the desk, bookcases and humidor in my study;

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/SpeedyGoomba/4835af72-4014-47fe-8411-9373ffac3040_zps80523e7e.jpg

the desk chair is by moller. The desk has a leather top.

Mike Svoma
03-09-2014, 10:58 PM
I just finished and delivered this cradle to my niece

Peter Keen
03-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Probably the two changing tables I made for brother and sister's new additions.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t1/262547_10150366449720977_1957167_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/399070_10150850018765977_973862948_n.jpg

Bert Kemp
03-15-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm just in total AWE!! The skill, the time, the patients and most of all the love that went into all of these projects is beyond words. I notice that most of your most loved projects are ones you did for family members or gave to friends as gift. I wish I had this kind of skill and patients to put into the things I do.I'm not a woodworker I play with a laser engraver, but this is the forum I look at most.
Great work everyone:)

Tom Sontag
03-17-2014, 2:36 PM
I like showing people my crotch walnut steering wheel for a 1965 Austin-Healey:

Gene Waara
03-22-2014, 2:28 PM
You've probably seen this before but both projects are granddaughter inspired.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af158/gwaara/052.jpg (http://s1003.photobucket.com/user/gwaara/media/052.jpg.html)

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af158/gwaara/079.jpg (http://s1003.photobucket.com/user/gwaara/media/079.jpg.html)