PDA

View Full Version : Got my Triumph to sing & dance, except for---

Kev Williams
12-30-2013, 2:49 AM
---speed and power...

My request for a crash course in PHSoft laser software came up a bit thin, but I did get to spend some time with the machine over the past few days (holiday slowdown)...

I've pretty much figured out everything I need to actually put it to use: How to import from Corel, how to have it laser what I want WHERE I want, I've figured out "gap" settings, backlash settings for different speeds, and what speeds and power settings I need to cut, engrave wood, plastics, stainless, anodized... and while I was disappointed with having no X-Y coordinates on the machine, I was one happy soul when I found the laser coordinates are on the bottom of the computer screen!

And so far I'm quite impressed with this thing, can't believe how much faster it will cut than my other machines!

But-- From the computer, the speed and power settings I send to the machine are meaningless. I have to set speed and power using the machine's display and keypad. Everything else I send from the program does what it's supposed to...

I can live with that, but it would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong!
:)