PDA

View Full Version : What's up with my Text Tool???

Steve Clarkson
12-29-2013, 2:58 PM
A couple days ago, all of the sudden when I click on the text tool in Corel, it is rotated 270 degrees so my text is going vertically instead of horizontally........not sure how I did it or how to fix it. I tried rotating it back to zero and then saved my settings as default......but it didn't work. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!

Mike Chance in Iowa
12-29-2013, 3:49 PM
Artistice Text or Paragaph Text or both? My guess is you already double-checked this, but when you saved the defaults, you did see check-marks in all the necessary fields?

Roy Brewer
12-31-2013, 6:30 PM
......not sure how I did it or how to fix it.Steve,

Here's what you do to fix it:
---Shut down and restart X5
---Create a new document.
---Select the Text Tool but *do not* click to start a new text object.
---Ctrl+, (i.e., w/the Control held down tap "," {comma})
---(optional) now click to start a new text object and see if it is fixed
---Exit X5 and restart. (this is an Interface setting, not a Docucentric setting so Save Settings as Default is not involved)

Another tiny little reason to upgrade to X6? This is not a bug, this is the way you set/unset {"."/","} Vertical text. X6 makes it more obvious you're about to screw it up if that's not what you intended.

Michael Gonzales
12-31-2013, 6:46 PM
Steve,

Here's what you do to fix it:
---Shut down and restart X5
---Create a new document.
---Select the Text Tool but *do not* click to start a new text object.
---Ctrl+, (i.e., w/the Control held down tap "," {comma})
---(optional) now click to start a new text object and see if it is fixed
---Exit X5 and restart. (this is an Interface setting, not a Docucentric setting so Save Settings as Default is not involved)

Another tiny little reason to upgrade to X6? This is not a bug, this is the way you set/unset {"."/","} Vertical text. X6 makes it more obvious you're about to screw it up if that's not what you intended.

Roy,

You are the best! Happy belated birthday and Happy New Year!

Mike g

Steve Clarkson
12-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Roy......that worked like a charm!!!! Thank you!!!