PDA

View Full Version : Bowl on a Pole

David DeCristoforo
12-29-2013, 2:39 PM
A while back, I was playing around with spheres. My first attempt at a hollow sphere was going fairly well until the top third or so decided to depart, leaving me with kind of a "little more than a half a sphere" shaped bowl. I finished it as a round bottomed bowl… kind of interesting and, of course, totally useless. I've been saving it against the day I might think of some way to make it even more useless. The other day, the "bowl" and this pedestal somehow managed to enter my field of vision at the same time. Please don't ask me why. I can only say "Whatever…"

Roger Chandler
12-29-2013, 2:48 PM
What kind of wood David? I like the concept..........looks really fragile! Had you have designed this from the beginning and not reusing half a sphere, an ogee shape on this bowl section with a flared out rim would have been outstanding.

I think that this is a great save!

Lee Koepke
12-29-2013, 2:50 PM
Like this one very much. Thats not so much a pole as a thick string!
The bowl part looks quite .... celestial. I am continually fascinated by your creations.

Faust M. Ruggiero
12-29-2013, 5:13 PM
If you intend to drink wine from that bugger, I'm coming over.
faust

BILL DONAHUE
12-29-2013, 9:40 PM
Very nice! That pedestal would make anything look good. Reminds me of a term used often by an high school art teacher, "happy accidents."

Bob Bergstrom
12-29-2013, 9:42 PM
I like everything up to the bowl. The long stem should lead into a flower shape. Perhaps some thing with more lift to the lower third of the bowl.

Sid Matheny
12-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Cool but needs to be in a case. One little kid could sure do it in quick. Glad to see you getting the creative juices flowing again.

Sid

Ben Darrah
12-30-2013, 7:52 AM
Nice, good adaptation

Pat Scott
12-30-2013, 8:25 AM
We need a "Like" button like Facebook has!

The stem looks a little fragile, but nicely done. I like the wood for the bowl, and the 2-tone base adds a nice balance.

Allan Ferguson
12-30-2013, 7:29 PM
A rather rustic bowl atop a very refined stem. A pleasing contrast. Allan