PDA

View Full Version : Who's your NFL team this weekend?

Rich Riddle
12-29-2013, 1:27 PM
Who are you hoping wins or loses this weekend? Go Packers. Fail Baltimore.

Phil Thien
12-29-2013, 1:41 PM
Who are you hoping wins or loses this weekend? Go Packers. Fail Baltimore.

I concur, go Pack!

Paul McGaha
12-29-2013, 1:46 PM
My NFL team?

Uuuuummmm.

Go Saints (and Falcons).

PHM

Judson Green
12-29-2013, 1:59 PM
Go Packers

Tom Stenzel
12-29-2013, 2:12 PM
I have never been to a professional football game.

Nor have I ever been to a Detroit Lions game. (Ouch!)

By the way, aren't these religious discussions a violation of the SMC TOS? ;-)

-Tom Stenzel

Shawn Pixley
12-29-2013, 2:40 PM
Seahawks. I had to live through their really bad years. I like to see them win.

Greg Peterson
12-29-2013, 2:40 PM
Hhhmm. I'll have to think about that one.

paul cottingham
12-29-2013, 3:04 PM
Seahawks and Packers. I am a hard core Packers fan, but follow the Seahawks as well. I have had some seasons of great sadness....

Rich Riddle
12-29-2013, 3:18 PM
I see lots of Packer fans in this thread. An hour from now during game time will be a different story.

David Helm
12-29-2013, 8:04 PM
The Number one seed at 13 and 3. Go Hawks!

Bill Huber
12-29-2013, 8:10 PM
The Dallas Cowboys.....:D:D:eek::confused::D:D

Rich Riddle
12-29-2013, 8:11 PM
Packers won and Ravens lost. Life is good.

Greg Peterson
12-29-2013, 8:47 PM
Packers v. Bears game was one of the most drama filled, intense Packer games I've ever seen. I think a new chapter has been added to the Bears/Packers rivalry.

paul cottingham
12-29-2013, 9:01 PM
Life is good indeed. The only thing that could have made it better? Denver being eliminated.

paul cottingham
12-29-2013, 9:02 PM
Packers v. Bears game was one of the most drama filled, intense Packer games I've ever seen. I think a new chapter has been added to the Bears/Packers rivalry.
Bears fans will be whining about this one for a very long time. :-)

Greg Peterson
12-29-2013, 9:25 PM
It was a fantastic game. Out here, we are fed a steady diet of Seahawks. So we end up usually going to a nearby fish house where many Packer fans gather. The place was filled to capacity (I wanted to say it was packed, but I thought that was too obvious a choice of word). What an outstanding afternoon. The Bears missed taking the division by the smallest of margins. It was a tightly contested game, any fan of the game would have to feel they were treated to an epic event today. Bears fans may feel differently, and believe it or not, I empathize with them. We've all been here before. To me the game was simply an epic battle between two evenly matched opponents. No shame in not winning the contest. The margin of victory was narrow.

Larry Whitlow
12-29-2013, 9:58 PM
Go niners.

Brett Robson
12-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Life is good indeed. The only thing that could have made it better? Denver being eliminated.

Lol! - No chance!

Michael Mahan
12-30-2013, 9:18 AM
Go niners.Niners Rock ! It was ugly at the end but it was a " W "

NOW on to the " Packers " on Sunday ! ! ! !

We got Yer # Green Bay :D

Brian Tymchak
12-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Yes, life is good - both my teams (Pats and Packers) are in again. I don't figure the Packers will last very long though... They gots some issues on the defensive side..

Paul Douglass
12-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Seahawks, because I live in Washington, but they have got to get a handle on the penalties, they will kill themselves in the Superbowl if they don't.

paul cottingham
12-30-2013, 2:09 PM
Yes, life is good - both my teams (Pats and Packers) are in again. I don't figure the Packers will last very long though... They gots some issues on the defensive side..
Sadly, I agree with you. My beloved packers are in for a short post season, I think. I hope they prove me wrong, tho. Fortunately, paradoxically, I am also a Seahawks fan, so I may have an ok post season of football.

Greg Peterson
12-30-2013, 11:48 PM
The Packers defense is pretty bad. But they have been able to make plays when needed.

Packers may have a hard time shutting down the Niners, but the Niners are going to have their hands full with Rodgers and company. Just a thought.

Michael Mahan
12-31-2013, 12:00 AM
The Packers defense is pretty bad. But they have been able to make plays when needed.

Packers may have a hard time shutting down the Niners, but the Niners are going to have their hands full with Rodgers and company. Just a thought.it should be great game ,Rodgers is gonna have to bring his "A" game but if the Packer O line can't protect him there will be problems

Jeff Erbele
12-31-2013, 1:51 AM
Dear Moderators,
Somehow I managed to double post :confused:, so feel free to delete this post. :(
The Broncos stand on their own accord. :p

Jeff Erbele
12-31-2013, 1:56 AM
I have never been to a professional football game.

Nor have I ever been to a Detroit Lions game. (Ouch!)

By the way, aren't these religious discussions a violation of the SMC TOS? ;-)

-Tom Stenzel

RE: ...religious discussions :eek:
Spot on! :)

Well kick me off the boards, but, ;) GO Home Team! :D

...psst, I 'm from Denver :cool:

Jeff Erbele
12-31-2013, 2:47 AM
Posting 2 days after the fact; RE: "Life is good", No. Life is Great!
Packers are a "clean" team. No need to address the other.
Go Cheese Heads! Discount daaaable check and all that sausage stuff :) and i love both (cheese & sausage) :D

Don Morris
12-31-2013, 8:01 AM
For the next two years, I'm going to be a Vikings fan. If they have to play outside in Minnesota while they build their new stadium...they deserve my or anybodys support. Mush!

Curt Harms
12-31-2013, 9:14 AM
My NFL team?

Uuuuummmm.

Go Saints (and Falcons).

PHM

Bring warm clothes:D. I and most Eagles fans had pretty low expectations after last year so anything over 8-8 feels like playing with house money.

Paul McGaha
12-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Bring warm clothes:D. I and most Eagles fans had pretty low expectations after last year so anything over 8-8 feels like playing with house money.

Good luck to both of us Curt. I'm thinking it will be a tough place to pick up a win for the Saints. The Eagles are good.

PHM

Jason Roehl
12-31-2013, 11:44 AM
The INDIANAPOLIS Colts!

I don't have very high hopes for them in the postseason, but that's what makes it interesting. We're definitely missing Reggie Wayne...

I also like the Broncos--they've always seemed to be a classy team, unlike certain other AFC teams whose names start with R and P, and rhyme with "aiders" and "atriots", respectively. Letting Peyton go is a black mark on Irsay's record.

Andy Haney
12-31-2013, 4:33 PM
Jason,

The Colts stomped the Chiefs a couple of weeks ago, but you may have trouble with the Chiefs' J.V. team :D The Bolts had some trouble with them.

Andy

Greg Peterson
12-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Letting Peyton go is a black mark on Irsay's record.

Had the Packers decided to let Favre come back for another season or two, Aaron Rodgers would be playing somewhere else and who knows who would be the QB these days.

Irsay had an opportunity to acquire a seemingly solid, young replacement for Manning. It wasn't personal, it was business. Let's see if Manning has cured his playoff woes. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Colts advanced further than the Broncos this year?

Roger Feeley
01-01-2014, 12:11 AM
I can't lose this weekend. Either my Chiefs win or my brothers Colts. I hope they win if we don't.

Darcy Forman
01-01-2014, 1:11 PM
Good luck to both of us Curt. I'm thinking it will be a tough place to pick up a win for the Saints. The Eagles are good.
That and the Saints can't win a game away from home this year.

Michael Mahan
01-01-2014, 1:53 PM
Seattle can be beat at Home , If the AZ Cardinals can beat them at home then Saints can as well . The other NFL teams are starting to figure out how to contain Wilson from escaping the pocket .

Pat Barry
01-01-2014, 2:07 PM
I can't lose this weekend. Either my Chiefs win or my brothers Colts. I hope they win if we don't.
KC hasn't really beaten a good team all year. They won't be starting now.

Paul McGaha
01-01-2014, 2:44 PM
That and the Saints can't win a game away from home this year.

I'm hopeful. We'll see what happens Saturday night.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
01-01-2014, 3:55 PM
Non-Lions. That leaves 31 teams. I am rooting for all of them.

Except the G****mn Lions.

They will, again, hire the wrong man for head coach. They will, again, create all the hype and excitement. They will, again, trumpet the upcoming year - Stafford, Megatron, D-Line. They will, again, fold in the 2d half of the season.

I am not a misanthrope, nor a pessimist. Simply a pragmatist.

I am, however, able to read history since Bobby Lane was QB. Or - rather - since the Ford family bought the team.

Rich Riddle
01-01-2014, 4:39 PM
I am still pulling for the Cheese Heads from Green Bay. I live across the river from Cincinnati, but here the fans haven't even purchased all the playoff tickets. It would be quite humorous to have a playoff game blacked out because of poor ticket sales.

Rich Riddle
01-03-2014, 6:28 PM
So boys and girls, it's the playoffs this weekend. Pick your teams. Mine is in the hunt, go Packers. Fail Denver....wait that's next weekend. Go Packers.

Jeff Nicol
01-03-2014, 8:13 PM
Of course being a frozen to the bone cheesehead for the past 45 years (the first 7 spent in IL, OR, CO) when my dad moved us here after moving across the country and back, it was impossible not to become a Packers fan. I have been to 6 regular season games and 4 pre-season games over the years with the pre-season games being played at camp randall stadium years ago and 4 of the 6 regular games at Lambeau Field the other 2 at the Metro Dome against the Vikings. So with all that being said I will be sitting on the edge of my seat on Sunday, yelling at the TV and the bad calls, stupid penalties, but also the great plays that give the Packers another win and closer to another super bowl!

Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs and for those going to the game at Lambeau, snuggle with those around you to stay warm in the potential of negative 5-15 at game time! With a windchill about -30, it will be one heck of a game to watch!

Happy New year and GO PACK!

Jeff

Michael Mahan
01-03-2014, 9:32 PM
As a Niner fan I just can't sit back & ignore all the Packer ranting .

Go Niners .

Curt Harms
01-04-2014, 10:56 AM

PHM

I think it's going to be a great game! The Eagles D is a little suspect - the secondary in particular - which is not a good thing when facing Mr. Brees & Co. I wonder how Westlake High School in Austin, TX. is feeling? Both Drew Brees and Nick Foles were QBs there about 10 years apart. Foles broke some of Brees H.S. records but lost the state championship where Brees won the state. They look like 2 very good Q.B.s and both look like class acts.

Judson Green
01-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Go Packers!

Pack has the cold field advantage.

Rich Riddle
01-04-2014, 5:57 PM
Does anyone have a dog in the fight between Kansas City and Indianapolis? I was born in Kansas City, but am neutral on the Chiefs.

Paul McGaha
01-04-2014, 8:05 PM
Colts / Chiefs game was a hell of a game. Congratulations Colts.

PHM

Pat Barry
01-04-2014, 8:11 PM

PHM
Outstanding comeback by Luck and the Colts. Feel bad for the Chiefs fans.

Jason Roehl
01-04-2014, 8:53 PM
Outstanding comeback by Luck and the Colts. Feel bad for the Chiefs fans.

Especially since they have to fly out of Indy with an approaching snow/ice storm...to KC, where the snow storm is even closer!

GO COLTS!!!

Darcy Forman
01-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Saints live to fight another day. I have no finger nails left after that game. Tooo close.

Jeff Erbele
01-05-2014, 3:13 AM

PHM

Hell on the Chiefs. First i couldn't believe Andrew Luck handing the ball to KC 3x, then I couldn't believe their 3rd Qtr comeback and KC giving up a 4 TD / 28 pt lead. Adding insult to injury, besides being beat, the Chief's got beat up. I am not sure but I think the lost 5 players to injuries. Near or at the end of the game, in one shot Coach Andy Reid looked shell-shocked.

After Lucks' 3rd interception and KC scoring on the next play, seconds into the 3rd Q, i was certain KC had the game clinched. One never knows for sure until its officially over.

Michael Mahan
01-05-2014, 8:18 PM
GO FORTY NINERS ! !

On to the Carolina Panthers . . . . .

Neal Clayton
01-07-2014, 1:23 PM
Who dat!

Does our resident Saints player still lurk here? He got promoted to left tackle for a minute a few weeks back when the other guy got the ole yank against the Rams. Looks like they brought up a rookie and he's back to the right side now though.

tom coleman
01-11-2014, 3:35 AM
Patriots are a sleeper. Rumor has it that Hernandez will play, special work release program approved Mass governor

Paul McGaha
01-11-2014, 9:02 AM
Saints at Seahawks.

The Seahawks certainly thumped them in week 13. As for today's game, We'll see.

Go Saints.

PHM

Rich Riddle
01-11-2014, 3:04 PM
Go Packers.....wait that was last week. Go Chargers, bet Denver.

David Helm
01-11-2014, 3:24 PM
I'm certainly prepared for today's Seahawks/Saints game. My prediction: Seahawks 24 Saints 9.

David Helm
01-11-2014, 7:47 PM
Final Seahawks 23, Saints 15. My prediction was pretty close!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2014, 8:13 PM
I quit referring to them as the "Sea Squabs" 2 or 3 years ago for a reason!

Go Seahawks!

Neal Clayton
01-12-2014, 2:05 PM
I must admit, Pete Carroll has done a fine job of building a team there. Russell Wilson has a cannon for an arm and Marshawn Lynch is the best workhorse RB to come into the NFL in the past 10 years.

I'm not surprised the Saints lost, the wind and rain eliminated the deep pass threat and that pretty much eliminates the Saints. But the defense played well, I'm very happy with Rob Ryan.

The Saints are done because they gave away games against the Jets and Rams. If you don't beat who you're supposed to beat on the road, the deck is stacked against you in the playoffs.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-12-2014, 2:37 PM
Neal, I moved back to the Pacific Northwest over 30 years ago. For decades I called the Seahawks, the Sea Squabs as their teams were pathetic. Too often, I heard the old joke about the PA announcer calling out at the game....."Would the pack leader of Cub Scout Pack 121 please remove your pack from the playing field? They are beating the Seahawks 41 to 3."

That was a good game yesterday. For me it's difficult to predict who will win a playoff game. Things change at this point in the season.

Darcy Forman
01-12-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm not surprised the Saints lost, the wind and rain eliminated the deep pass threat and that pretty much eliminates the Saints. But the defense played well, I'm very happy with Rob Ryan.

The wind and rain wasn't their biggest problem. Got to have a kicker to make a field goal once and awhile. Two missed field goals won't allow you to beat anyone.

Michael Mahan
01-13-2014, 1:44 AM
Go Forty Niners !
NOW off to Seattle :)

Jim Koepke
01-13-2014, 4:06 AM
Go Forty Niners !
NOW off to Seattle :)

NINERS!

I hear Seattle is being jerks about selling tickets out of state. Hope it comes back to bite 'em on the back side.

jtk

Rich Riddle
01-13-2014, 8:08 AM
NINERS!

I hear Seattle is being jerks about selling tickets out of state. Hope it comes back to bite 'em on the back side.

jtk
Don't you simply order them online through Ticket Master like all NFL tickets? Sounds more like a wives' tale.

Michael Mahan
01-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Don't you simply order them online through Ticket Master like all NFL tickets? Sounds more like a wives' tale.
No ,
post season tickets are offered up by the team ,
Denver is doing the same thing as well now
the tickets that TicketMaster sells during the season are left-overs from the teams own selling efforts &/or they are secondary market ticket sales (scalper type broker tickets )
here local the 49ers are always sold out but you see tickets offered by TicketMaster those tkts are resale mark-up tickets that have a added "Service" fee

Rich Riddle
01-15-2014, 9:07 PM
Is anyone going to give their championship game loyalty? Who do you want for AFC and NFC champions? Go San Francisco and hope both of the AFC teams lose though I detest Denver slightly less than New England. I am rooting for whoever wins the NFC in the Superbowl.

Rich Riddle
01-18-2014, 9:34 PM
Has everyone lost interest in the games since their team losses in previous weeks?

Bruce Page
01-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Nope, I'll be pulling for the Broncos as I have been all year long!

Michael Mahan
01-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Go Forty Niners ! 280201

Rich Riddle
01-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Go Forty Niners ! 280201

I have to forgive the Forty Niners for defeating the Cheese Heads. The NFC has the only likable teams in the hunt. Let's hope the NFC triumphs in the Superbowl in two weeks. Today let's hope San Francisco can win. Let's hope both AFC teams lose.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Has everyone lost interest in the games since their team losses in previous weeks?

NOPE! I have waited 31 years for a local contender who might have a chance at winning. I can't call them the Sea Squabs anymore!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTHiOx2sfh9PxqhFW2WN2cZhxFeioOT Xg968v55ZQzJ0Ig6LL1FQ

Paul McGaha
01-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Well with the Saints out of it I'm done.

I have a lot of respect for Peyton Manning so I think I'll go for the Broncos the rest of the way.

Hard to guess who might win today's games. I think the AFC game is a complete toss up. In the NFC I'd say the 49ers. Both the 49ers and the Seahawks have excellent defenses but I think the 49ers have a better offense (better receivers).

Seahawks are at home though........ Man, what a tough place to play for the visiting team.

Good luck to everyone who's teams are still playing.

PHM

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Paul.....I really think today's games are both toss-ups. There are good arguments for either team to win in both games.

I laugh at the media declaring the Denver/New England game "Manning-vs-Brady". Last time I watched football it took 11 people on the field regardless of whether a team was on defense or offense. I am sure fellow Creeker Zack Stief would testify that Drew Brees appreciates Zach's presence on the field any time your beloved Saints are on offense!

And Brady wants to portray NE as the underdog.....and yet......in his career, Manning is 4-10 against Brady so is Brady and NE the real underdog? I think Bill B. has done a masterful job of coaching considering the personnel changes and injuries NE has experienced this year.

Again...good arguments to justify all 4 teams to win. My wife is out of town for 2 weeks so I will prepare lunch and dinner before the games start. I don't think one will want to leave the television viewing area!

Rick Moyer
01-19-2014, 2:53 PM
I have to forgive the Forty Niners for defeating the Cheese Heads. The NFC has the only likable teams in the hunt. Let's hope the NFC triumphs in the Superbowl in two weeks. Today let's hope San Francisco can win. Let's hope both AFC teams lose.

Disagree. Niner's have a cocky coach, cocky QB, and a bunch of other cocky players. I'm not much of a Pete Carroll leave-USC-out-to-dry fan either. I like Russell Wilson but I actually think the Niners will win today. So, I'll be routing for either of the AFC teams in the Super Bowl especially if it's the Broncos.

Rich Riddle
01-19-2014, 4:39 PM
Disagree. Niner's have a cocky coach, cocky QB, and a bunch of other cocky players. I'm not much of a Pete Carroll leave-USC-out-to-dry fan either. I like Russell Wilson but I actually think the Niners will win today. So, I'll be routing for either of the AFC teams in the Super Bowl especially if it's the Broncos.

Well I can't stand New England and had my fill of the Broncos back in the days of ole horse head as their quarter back. Now he's in the front office. I lived in the Seattle area during the very dark days where folks made lots of jokes at the expense of the Sea Hawks. If they win, I won't be disappointed. As long as the AFC loses.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2014, 6:08 PM
Congratulations Broncos fans!

Rich Riddle
01-19-2014, 6:42 PM

Indeed, the lesser of two evils prevailed. Two weeks will tell the full story.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2014, 6:47 PM
Rich....there could be real strife in my family. My wife is a Seahawks fan....and her older brother in Denver is a Broncos fan......This could be war! LOL!

Jeff Erbele
01-19-2014, 7:12 PM

Thank you and Ditto. Even with the Bronco's lead, we did not relax until the Patriots missed the two-point conversion attempt, late in the 4th Q. Belichick, Brady and team are one great ball club. Thankfully we were able to out play them when it mattered.

Lee Reep
01-19-2014, 7:14 PM
What a great time to live in Colorado, and be a Broncos fan. Peyton Manning is such a class act, and had such a great year.

Now, concerning all the insane things this state is doing ... well, I'm just going to try to forget that for awhile and resume enjoying the football win and the upcoming SuperBowl ... :)

Bruce Page
01-19-2014, 7:47 PM
AFC Champs! Woo-Hoo Denver!

Jeff Erbele
01-19-2014, 7:47 PM

On the NFL we are not exactly 180 degrees apart, but more opposite than alike.
Likeable: AFC 1st choice, NFC 1st runner-up
Granted, I can understand the disdain for the AFC, given the Raiders :p
Superbowl - Bronco's are my home team and the AFC Champions - Go All the Way Broncos!

Rich Riddle
01-19-2014, 7:53 PM
Ken,

You are half way to a war in your home. Lucky you get to be referee. The Sea Squabs only trail by a touchdown. They might make it. Play it safe, if it's Denver and Seattle, don't pick sides.

Brian Tymchak
01-19-2014, 8:06 PM
Wow. Denver looked awesome. Sent my Pats home early..

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2014, 8:43 PM
Ken,

You are half way to a war in your home. Lucky you get to be referee. The Sea Squabs only trail by a touchdown. They might make it. Play it safe, if it's Denver and Seattle, don't pick sides.

You can bet I'll steer clear of that one!

Jeff Erbele
01-19-2014, 9:12 PM
Paul.....I really think today's games are both toss-ups. There are good arguments for either team to win in both games.
I don't think one will want to leave the television viewing area!

I agree whole heartedly, four great teams made it to the playoffs and either game could have/could go either way; further the same might be said of the coming Super Bowl battle.

Brady vs Manning - both have some of the most impressive all-time NFL records and the sports media with its endless stats, gets all the mileage out of it as possible

During the regular season it was Peyton vs Eli, who neither take great joy in playing. On the same note, when we lost to Colts during the regular season, I think Peyton had a difficult time with and was a bit un-nerved with playing his previous team of 13 years. A two-minute pre-game tribute to him didn't help in that matter. It was interesting to see the Colts fans with split jerseys, front to back or left to right supporting both the Colts and Peyton now associated with the Broncos.

On the Patriots injuries, I don't know what that situation was going into the game. Earlier in the week, one of Denver's sports reporters, said that the Bronco's had 7 starters out for injuries. I didn't have time to watch the 5 hours of pre game shows but it would have been interesting to know how the teams compared in injuries. The Patriots sent several more Bronocs to the locker room today; how serious and how long, is yet unknown.

Rich Riddle
01-19-2014, 9:45 PM
This NFC game is turning out to be a very close one.

Rich Riddle
01-19-2014, 9:53 PM
Well Ken, you are used to playing referee anyway. Two weeks worth of bantering heading your way. Congratulations, I think. Just read the odds; neither team favored at this point in time. Lucky you.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2014, 10:19 PM
I will try to find a place to take cover.

Shawn Pixley
01-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Seahawks!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-20-2014, 12:36 AM
Listening to ESPN after the game, this will be the first Super Bowl where the #1 Conference preseason seeds meet in the Super Bowl.

It should be an interesting game!

Bruce Page
01-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Broncos!!!
It is going to be a great game!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Bruce.....Seattle's #1 ranked defense against Denver's #1 ranked offense! It could be a very interesting game if both teams show up to play.

Bruce Page
01-20-2014, 12:58 AM
I agree! I'm already making party plans.

Jeff Erbele
01-20-2014, 2:53 AM
Congratulations to the Sea Hawks!

The Super Bowl is going to be interesting with the best defensive opposing the best offensive.

David Helm
01-20-2014, 11:40 AM
I love it when my predictions come true! Go Hawks!

Jim Barrett
01-27-2014, 8:41 PM
I worked for Paul Allen when the Seahawks went to the SB in Detroit....my wife and I were invited to go and had a great time even though the Hawks lost...I have since retired from Paul's company (Vulcan) so won't be going to this one...would love to though ;)

Rich Riddle
01-29-2014, 5:16 PM
So who is everyone's Super Bowl pick?

Ken Fitzgerald
01-29-2014, 5:23 PM
It's a tough one.......I don't know.

I do know that a reporter asked one of the players "Is this a must win situation?" I can't think of any situation that would make this game not a "must win" situation! LOL!:confused:

Rich Riddle
01-29-2014, 9:07 PM
Ken,

With your family in disagreement, it is best for you not to choose a team. I want the NFC but think Denver will win.

Dave Verstraete
01-30-2014, 8:00 AM
Non-Lions. That leaves 31 teams. I am rooting for all of them.

Except the G****mn Lions.

They will, again, hire the wrong man for head coach. They will, again, create all the hype and excitement. They will, again, trumpet the upcoming year - Stafford, Megatron, D-Line. They will, again, fold in the 2d half of the season.

I am not a misanthrope, nor a pessimist. Simply a pragmatist.

I am, however, able to read history since Bobby Lane was QB. Or - rather - since the Ford family bought the team.

Wait a minute. There are post season games? I wonder why our local team doesn't attend? Oh... you have to win games in the 2nd half of the season? Now I see!

Gordon Eyre
01-30-2014, 1:01 PM
I am visiting up in Washington state and there are 12 (12th man) signs everywhere. What they don't realize is that the game will be played back east and they can only have 11 men on the field against Peyton and the vaunted Bronco's offense. Go Denver!

Paul McGaha
01-31-2014, 9:58 AM
I'm for the Broncos.

It seems to be about even to me, mainly Seattle's outstanding defense vs. Denver's great offense.

Still, Peyton Manning w 2 weeks to prepare for this.......

He is (at the very least) one of the best and smartest QB's in NFL history.

PHM

Rich Riddle
02-02-2014, 12:45 AM
Today is the big day......anyone have plans for watching the game?

Michael Mahan
02-02-2014, 1:38 AM
Me & the dogs in front of my 80"

Jeff Erbele
02-02-2014, 2:52 AM

Naw, I don't think anybody is gonna bother :eek:

One TV report stated around 100 million people worldwide will be watching.

Friday afternoon CNBC reported Buffalo Wild Wings stock was surging over $8 / share (up over 6%) for no apparent reason. Later they reported 1.2 billion wings would be consumed today. In after hours tradng the stock was up over 7% for the day.

The Denver TV stations have been reporting from NY & NJ since last Sunday, dominating the local news. I didn't realize the events and activities preceding the Super Bowl were a week long event, nor did I realize the magnitude.

I had to laugh at David Letterman; you have this team from Seattle and another one from Denver who wanna play this game in New Jersey and they take over our damn town. They take over Time Square, block off 13 blocks and re-name it Super Bowl Boulevard.

I wonder what it cost to FedEx a horse, Thunder our mascot, from Denver to New Jersey :confused:
http://kdvr.com/2014/01/30/slideshow-broncos-thunder-shipped-fedex-to-super-bowl/
Go Thunder ~ Go Bronocs :)
Of course we'll be watching and cheering

Ken Fitzgerald
02-02-2014, 10:37 AM
My wife's older brother lives in Parker, CO (what used to be a suburb of Denver though you can't tell it now) and is a Broncos fan. We live in north Idaho and my wife is a Seahawks fan. There is tension in the family! So, my BIL is visiting his Mom in Illinois....My wife is visiting in the Norfolk, VA area. Tomorrow morning, my wife flies to central Illinois. Her older brother is supposed to pick her up at the airport. It might be better if the Broncos won. It might insure her ride shows up at the airport 30 miles from their Mom's house!

Me? I will begin preparing food in a couple hours and then watch the game in HD on our little 46" HD flat screen.

If neither team comes into the game "flat" it should be a very interesting game!

If either team comes into the game flat, it could be a blowout!

David Helm
02-02-2014, 2:18 PM
In the AFC, which is an offense dominated conference, Denver has never played against a top ten defense. The NFC is a defense dominated conference. Seattle has played against 7 top ten defenses. Gonna be an excellent game. My prediction: Seattle 27, Denver 14.

Malcolm Schweizer
02-02-2014, 8:03 PM
I intend no disrespect, but I hate football and think it is sad the $$$ these guys get paid to play for about 15 minutes per game.

That said, I loved that the power for both St. Thomas and St. John went out 20 minutes before the game. My wife and 10 month old daughter went outside and watched the REAL stars and I saw a shooting star. Nothing like seeing the stars with no lights from horizon to horizon. The power is back on and Amy is watching the game while I look at tool catalogs.

Pat Barry
02-02-2014, 9:24 PM
I understand that marijuana was recently legalized in Colorado. The timing could have been better.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-02-2014, 9:39 PM
Uh Pat......you might want to investigate Washington State marijuana laws too!

Rich Riddle
02-02-2014, 9:53 PM
Well I wanted Seattle to win but this ended up being no fun. It's unfortunate to have such an off-balanced game.

Bruce Page
02-02-2014, 9:53 PM
Ouch! Not what I expected. Congrats to the Seahawks.

Shawn Pixley
02-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Seahawks! Finally a championship!

Jeff Erbele
02-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Congratulations Sea Hawks! ...from a very disappointed Broncos' Fan.

From the coin toss things went downhill for us. No excuses across the board; Ref calls, Injuries, Weather, Noise, Lucky stuff, ....ya di la de da; Seattle Sea Hawks Dominated Defense, Offense and The Game from the first snap.

Lop-Sided Games at the Super should never happen and always are disappointing no matter who makes it to finale.

Well done Sea Hawks and Smartly.

Now we can get on with making sawdust :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
02-02-2014, 11:01 PM
At this level of football, when you have the #1 defense playing the #1 offense, if either team comes in "flat" it can be a blow out! If both teams show up to play, it can be interesting. This wasn't interesting.

Prior to Pete Carroll's arrival in Seattle, I often referred to the Seahawks as the "Sea Squabs". I won't ever do that again!

Congratulations to Sea Hawks and their fans!

Hilton Ralphs
02-03-2014, 7:43 AM
Congrats to the Seahawks even though I have absolutely no idea how it all works.

Can anyone tell me why the final is not played at home for one of the teams?

Curt Harms
02-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Congrats to the Seahawks even though I have absolutely no idea how it all works.

Can anyone tell me why the final is not played at home for one of the teams?

The site for the Super Bowl is decided years before it's known who will be playing in it. It's usually played at a warm weather city - this year was an experiment I think. American football playoffs are a single-elimination tournament, lose and go home.

Hilton Ralphs
02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
The site for the Super Bowl is decided years before it's known who will be playing in it.

Thanks Curt.

The game was 1:00 my time so little chance I could watch it.

Curt Harms
02-03-2014, 10:27 AM
To add to Denver fans' pain who attended the Super Bowl, it's gonna be ..... fun .... getting home. New York is calling for 3" -5" of snow to snarl air travel.

David Helm
02-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Now the rest of the country got to see what I, and others here in the Northwest, have been seeing all year. This win is not a fluke.