PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-28-2013, 9:16 PM
After 9 years....very nearly 10 years since I joined SMC I finally got to visit Keith and Jackie Outten at their home and toured Keith's shop. Keith gave us the royal tour, demonstrated his engraving skills by making a sign for my son Mike who accompanied me.

Had a great time, learned a lot. We will plan another visit in the future and hopefully have dinner with the Outtens so our wives can meet too!

Before the picture police apply for a warrant, here is photographic evidence:

From there we went to Busch Gardens near Williamsburg where we met up with Mike's wife, 3 children (our twin granddaughters age 3 and their 17 month old brother) and my wife. We attended Busch Garden's Christmas lights celebration and had a grandtime! Our 17 month old grandson nick-named Bubby was oohing and ahhhing every turn in the walk when we saw new colored light displays.

It was a grand day!

Steve Schlumpf
12-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Ken - great photo! Glad you got to finally meet and spend some time with Keith! Sounds like you been busy!! :D

Matt Meiser
12-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Congrats. I was in the Hampton Roads area for work twice last year and couldn't work in a visit either time.

Bruce Page
12-29-2013, 12:10 AM
It sounds like a fun day all around!
Great pic!

Keith Outten
12-29-2013, 10:35 AM
I had a great time visiting with Ken and Mike yesterday. It was nice to have some company in my shop and to be able to do some tool talk. We were able to squeeze in enough time to laser engrave a Corian name sign for Mike and exercise my laser tube for a few minutes, then we paint filled the sign but I wish we would have had the time to polish the Corian and mount it on a wooden base.

Christmas at Busch Gardens is pretty spectacular, we went to the park on Black Friday which was my first time visiting the Christmas Festival. I know you guys had a great time and the kids enjoyed themselves as well.

Ken if your next visit is in warmer weather we should plan a cookout and invite a boatload of Creekers and their families to join us. We have plenty of space :)

Thanks,
Keith and Jackie

Ken Fitzgerald
12-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Keith,

Thanks again for the great afternoon and a Creeker cookout sounds like fun!

With Mike and family in the area for another 2 1/2 years, I'll bet Sharon and I will be back in warmer weather.

Thanks again!

glenn bradley
12-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing the visit.