PDA

View Full Version : Table?????

John Terefenko
12-28-2013, 9:25 AM
For the life of me I am having trouble remembering what they call the hall tables that sit against the wall. They are usually half round.

Does anyone have any photos of ones they have done??? Is there any plans out there for these??? I am looking to try to do a small version with probably 3 legs. Not much room for it but it seems to be the ticket for the situation.

Thanks for the help.

glenn bradley
12-28-2013, 9:27 AM
I'll go with Demilune.

john lawson
12-28-2013, 9:29 AM
Demi Lume?

Frank Drew
12-28-2013, 10:15 AM
John,

I believe the term you're looking for is console table; some of the half-round ones I've seen were attached to the wall in back and had one or more legs in front, others had enough legs to be stable by themselves. I think what defines a console table is that it sits against a wall; they're useful in narrow spaces like a hallway or up against a stairway wall.

Demilune (half moon) refers more to the shape of a table top than to the style of table itself.

Loren Woirhaye
12-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Demilune tables often have 4 legs. They often aren't a half-circle, but rather less than half, with a straight back edge. Some may have a compound curve. I think it's a general term. Sometimes tables with a straight front or bulging front and more dramatically curved ends are called console tables