PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee M18 impacts, old vs brushless Fuel?

Matt Meiser
12-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Anyone done real world comparisons? I tried a friend's new Fuel version and it seems to have a lot more finesse than my original version but I'm wondering if that's just new tool lust?

joseph f merz
12-27-2013, 12:56 PM
I can speak for panosonic and makita .In both the brushless are superior .more power/battery life/smaller tools . I figure the extra cost will be made up in battery life .Though this maybe be related to use ,some people claim alot more battery life then I can comprehend .Also since in the past I was burning up motors my hope is that if I get into replacing batteries that the motors last also . Does that help?

Matt Meiser
01-01-2014, 9:57 PM
Well, regardless of why, I picked one up. It does seem to have more finesse too me, especially one of the new power settings. Its a really nicely balanced tool with a compact battery pack on the bottom and not bad with a full size pack either. Now I just need to start a project where I can try it out.

Earl Rumans
01-01-2014, 10:16 PM
I upgraded from the M18 to the M18 Fuel 1/2 inch drill this past summer. Major improvement in the Fuel. More powerful, lighter and smaller. I have the smaller M12 drill and since I got the fuel I hardly use it anymore, as the Fuel is small enough to use in most places I would use the M12.