PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Speedy 100 Flexx

Colin Turner
12-26-2013, 12:42 PM
I have been looking at Trotec & Epilog laser machines over the last couple of weeks and will be looking closely at the Trotec Speedy 100 Flexx. Does anybody have the list price of this model?, bit late in the day to get list prices from Trotec before Christmas, looks like I will have to wait until the 6th Jan to get some sort of price direct. I am going to the Trophex 2014 in Jan so will be able to compare quite a few of the latest quality lasers that are on the market at the moment, maybe even get a good deal at the show.

Thanks and Happy New Year to All

Dan Hintz
12-26-2013, 9:23 PM
You haven't listed what you expect to get with it... what accessories, what laser wattage(s), do you want both CO2 and fiber laser, etc.?

Colin Turner
12-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Hi Dan
Yes the Flexx model with both Lasers if available here in UK, CO2 60watt and the Fibre 30watt, Air assist, Atmos Exhaust system which machine sits on, Auto Focus with sensors and the cutting table. So quite a list but hoping to get a good deal at the trade show.

Dan Hintz
12-27-2013, 12:52 PM
I have to make an educated guess at some of the items (I bet the Atmos is in the $3k range)... but I would expect something in the $55-60k range. Obviously, don't quote me on such a price as I don't work for them, but I'm extrapolating list prices based upon the items I do know.

Colin Turner
12-27-2013, 1:38 PM
Hi Dan

That's quite a price, being that the FLEXX is only one machine with both the CO2 & Fibre lasers giving you the option to use either for any material. So just out of curiosity what do you think the price of
the Speedy 100 FLEXX machine is on its own?.

Thanks

Ross Moshinsky
12-27-2013, 2:06 PM
Hi Dan

That's quite a price, being that the FLEXX is only one machine with both the CO2 & Fibre lasers giving you the option to use either for any material. So just out of curiosity what do you think the price of
the Speedy 100 FLEXX machine is on its own?.

Thanks

Based on US pricing, my guess is the following. Now, I'd expect the numbers to be higher in the UK vs the US. By how much, I'm not sure. I'd guess 10% but that's literally just a random guess.

Speedy100 = $15-18k
Atmos = $3k
Flexx = $12-15k

The Flexx option only makes sense if you're going to be doing a serious amount of marking on stainless and aluminum. If you're not, $100 in Cermark is probably the wiser way to go.

matthew knott
12-27-2013, 2:48 PM
Hi Colin, I would hold on till trophex , trotec had a 100 flex last year for demos last year. Pricing is pretty untransparent (is that a word?) in the uk, think of it like buying a second hand car, the more your willing to pay the more will be taken. I'm not a big fan of the flex, it's a neat idea but it's not the best fibre or co2 as compromises must be made for the dual wavelengths. My money would go on 2 lasers but I don't know what your planing. I will be a trophex for 2 whole days :( it's not a big show but it's nice . Autosport is on at the same time if you like sports cars but it's not free!!!

Nathan Shaffer
12-27-2013, 3:27 PM
Colin,
I have done the same thing looking at the Speedy flexx 100. If I am remembering correctly it should be in the neighborhood of $32,000 for the machine and about $45,000 for the Speedy Flexx 300. I have talked to Epilog and have been told that you can one each CO2 and Fiber engraver for less then the cost of a Flexx. And that in doling so you actually get a better machine.

Some factors to consider:
What is your product line
Same in your work area
customer base to support the cost
speed of machines (Raster rate)

This points are what has me leaning toward get a Trotec machine. If I actually start a business or can afford one has a hobby.

Just my $0.02

Dan Hintz
12-27-2013, 9:57 PM
Let me put that price into some perspective. A Speedy 300 with an 80W CO2, 30W fiber, and the accessories listed is over $75k list price. Yes, the 100 will drop that price back some, , same with the 60W CO2, but not to the $30-35k mentioned earlier. The fiber option itself is a very pricey chunk of change and makes up nearly half of the price. I think my guesstimate for list is pretty close... I'll look back through my files and see if I can come up with a more accurate list.

Bryan Jater
12-30-2013, 4:38 AM
Hi Colin,

If you send your contact details to bryan.jater@troteclaser.com then I will get you a quotation prepared today.

The first SP100 demo units have arrived in the UK and will be shown at Trophex in Jan so I look forward to meeting
you there.

Thanks

Bryan