PDA

View Full Version : Worksharp Knife Sharpener

Andrew Kertesz
12-26-2013, 7:02 AM
Does anybody have any experience with one of these and would you recommend it?

Bill Huber
12-26-2013, 8:37 AM
Does anybody have any experience with one of these and would you recommend it?

I have one and have had it for over a year and love it. I keep all my knifes sharp and I have even used it as a small belt sander on wood.

Would I buy it again, for sure, great tool.

Art Mann
12-26-2013, 12:07 PM
I just received one as a Christmas present. I went through a half dozen or so large kitchen knives and a set of steak knives and got them all razor sharp in about 10 minutes. Based on this limited experience, I would highly recommend the machine. It is pretty much fool proof except that it has a tendency to round off sharp points unless you pay attention to the included instructions.

Steve Collins
12-26-2013, 4:37 PM
I've been using the one that installs on the Worksharp 3000 for several years now. IMO it is a simple design that gives very good results.

John Gustafson
12-26-2013, 6:46 PM
I bought one for myself about 6 months ago. Did pretty much the same as everybody else, went throught the kitchen and sharpened everything in sight. Down side was somebody had been so used to handling dull knives that we had a couple of bleeding sessions till she got the message. The one I like the best is an old carbon steel ham knife that belonged to my late wife parents. That thing takes a serious edge.
It simply works well. The newer (pricey) version should do even better I would think but the regular version pretty much does all I need.

Malcolm Schweizer
12-26-2013, 6:59 PM
As a long-time hand sharpener, I got one to dress rough edges before hand sharpening. I was amazed at how good of an edge I could get. Being a perfectionist, I still go to an 8,000 and 16,000 grit waterstone followed by stropping, but the edge you get from the sharpener itself is not too bad.

Ellen Benkin
12-27-2013, 11:36 AM
I have one and was initially not happy with the sharpness I could get. I emailed Worksharp and got a detailed response with more instructions. I followed the instructions (!) and lo, and behold, it worked much better. I re-sharpen my kitchen knives about once a year -- I'm a woodworker and not a cook. But being a woodworker makes me really appreciate sharp tools. I also have the worksharp 3000 and absolutely love it. Great company and great devices.

Matt Meiser
12-27-2013, 11:39 AM
I have one and love it. From time to time my dad requests I bring it over to their place too. I have the stand-alone version. It was the same price as the version that attaches to the Worksharp tool sharpener and seemed way less convenient for me.