PDA

View Full Version : for a change of pace--

Kev Williams
12-25-2013, 11:45 AM
-- which way do you turn potatoes as you're peeling them? Me, I've always turned them clockwise (like screwing in a light bulb)... Don't know why but I tried turning my 'taters the other way this morning. It was actually a pleasant change.

Hey, they say variety is the spice of life! ;)

Give it a try today while you're peeling 'taters for Christmas dinner, ya never know!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Eduard Nemirovsky
12-25-2013, 1:14 PM
clockwise-conterclockwise - it is depend which side you on:D
Ed.

Pat Barry
12-25-2013, 1:26 PM
Potatoe goes clockwise from the side I look at. Merry Christmas!

Shawn Pixley
12-25-2013, 1:42 PM
I peel with a paring knife pulling toward me. I turn the potato counter clockwise. In truth, I never thought about it before.

Jim Becker
12-25-2013, 4:19 PM
I honestly can't say which way...I never peel them. LOL The skins have a lot of nutrient value so I leave 'em on! That said, if I were going to peel them..."what Shawn said". :)

David Helm
12-26-2013, 5:32 PM
I also never peel potatoes. Don't worry about chemicals either. I only use potatoes from my own very organic garden.

Kevin Bourque
12-26-2013, 6:51 PM
I worked in a restaurant when I was in high school and I've peeled thousands & thousands of pounds of them.

Always with a sharp paring knife, rotating toward you. Potato peeler devices are slowwwwwwww..

Correction: After all these years I forgot; rotate away from you.

phil harold
12-27-2013, 12:13 AM
counter clockwise

Jim Koepke
12-27-2013, 2:57 AM
Why bother peeling them?

jtk

Rich Engelhardt
12-27-2013, 8:18 AM
I guess - clockwise??!!!
It's been so long I forgot.

I never peel them anymore. Forget the nutritional value, I just loves to get me some tater skins! I'm all in it for the taste!

Only times peeling comes into play is for mashed & I'm ok w/instant or my mother in law's potato salad -and she does all the work there ;).

I do peel cukes though - clockwise there....I think....