PDA

View Full Version : White Christmas

Jeff Belany
12-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Hope everyone has a great Christmas. There is a VERY white Christmas up here -- hot 30+ inches of snow Sunday & Monday. Banks are so high it's getting hard to blow snow over the top. And when the plows go by they leave a 4" bank to plow though again and again. Oh well, the joys of living in the great white north.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Bruce Page
12-24-2013, 12:09 PM
38 with abundant sunshine here.

Merry Christmas!

Malcolm Schweizer
12-24-2013, 12:20 PM
277971The beaches are white. Does that count?

Keith Outten
12-24-2013, 1:30 PM
Its 46 degrees here today and partly cloudy, the forecast for the rest of the week looks about the same. Two days ago it was 80 degrees which happens in December on occasion.

I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas although we did have an ice storm on Christmas Eve about 20 years ago.

The good news is that here the kids can ride their brand new bicycles on Christmas day and bikes are a lot less expensive than snow mobiles :) I lived in Oswego New York for a couple years right on Lake Ontario where the average snowfall was 326" per year so I've experienced -30 degree temperatures and 18" to 48" snow falls overnight on a daily basis all Winter long. Ya gotta be tough to live in a place where they have REAL Winter weather, it was best that I moved back home where I belong :)

Craig Matheny
12-24-2013, 1:32 PM
Merry Christmas to all and thank you all for your help over the last years

David Somers
12-24-2013, 2:14 PM
As Craig said, Many many thanks to everyone for all your help and patience as I have tried to figure out if a laser is in my future or not. I could not have asked for a better or more helpful or more pleasant group of people to turn to for help and guidance. Cheers to all of you!!

Jeff, I live in Seattle now. It is a seasonal 43 out with partial clouds and dry. A pleasant Seattle Christmas Eve! I lived for 10 years in Crater Lake National Park in Or and we saw 500 to 600 inches of snow annually. I loved it. I used to live in a small two story CCC house that used to get completely buried well past the roof peek. They built these older houses so the doors opened right on the road, saving you having to shovel out all that snow all the time. It looked like a Hobbit house with snow instead of turf covering it. One winter the plow went by and took care of the road and my entry. A short bit later I heard a loud rumble and the house shook. The whole load of snow on the roof had let go and fell to the roadway, covering up my door completely. To get out and get to the office I had to shovel snow into the house in order to get a hole dug to the outside so I could shovel it all back out again! Life in snow country! It was always magic though; nighttime moonlit xcountry skiing around the lake and in the woods! Sledding on the closed roads right after the snow plows past! Sigh! I love Seattle and the coastal Pacific Northwest, but I do miss Crater Lake.

Cheers everyone, and thanks so much, and the best to each of you!

Dave