PDA

View Full Version : SawStop blade guard/DC hose on a Unisaw?

Jason White
12-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Anybody here try adapting SawStop's blade guard with DC port and hose/boom arm on a non-SawStop like a Unisaw? If so, how did you mount it and are you happy with the dust collection?

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about...

Jason White
01-01-2014, 9:59 PM
Bump!

Anybody??

Chris Padilla
04-10-2014, 7:34 PM
I moved your post to a more appropriate forum.

John Piwaron
04-11-2014, 9:38 AM
That's something I looked at when I was deciding on a new tablesaw a couple of years ago. While I didn't study it in exhausting detail, I don't think putting the sawstop blade guard on the Unisaw is easily possible.

However, modifying the Unisaw's blade guard to accept a vacuum hose seems like it's doable. The method to so is pretty well established.

In case it matters, I'm thinking of the new design Unisaw. The one with both handwheels on the front of the machine.

Or there is the option of using a Shark Guard.

Wade Lippman
04-11-2014, 10:07 AM
It ought to work, but there has to be a cheaper way. Never tried it, but people love the Shark Guard.

Steve Wurster
04-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Jason, I posted in another thread how I rigged the SawStop DC guard onto my TS3650. You even commented on that thread. This is it here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?212336-Above-Table-Dust-Collection-for-the-TS&p=2206393#post2206393). Scroll down for more description and pictures.

The DC guard came with a riving knife that may or may not fit onto other saws. I couldn't use it because my saw is contractor-style and only has a fixed splitter. But even if it doesn't work with yours you should be able to drill holes in your knife to mount the guard.