PDA

View Full Version : JessEm™ Rout-R-Lift II

Pat Houle
12-24-2013, 10:07 AM
I want to get a router lift for my PC 690. I am thinking of getting the JessEm™ Rout-R-Lift II. At 149$ CND, it looks like a good deal considering a good plate is about 75$.
http://www.jessem.com/ROUT-R-LIFT_II.html

What is your opinion/experience with this lift?

Rick Potter
12-24-2013, 12:20 PM
I bought one, but haven't used it yet. I can tell you that I am impressed by the quality. It is well made, and fits in my Kreg bench top router table.

Rick Potter

Mike Delyster
12-24-2013, 1:12 PM
It was well liked in a recent tool test of router lifts in Fine Woodworking's annual Tools and Shop issue.
http://www.finewoodworking.com/tool-guide/product-finder/jessem-rout-r-lift-IIV-router-lift.aspx

Mark Blatter
12-24-2013, 2:51 PM
I was excited for a minute. I want to get a lift for a PC 7518, but the Lift II doesn't work. Have to keep saving up to get the Master Lift.

Val Kosmider
12-24-2013, 3:00 PM
I have that lift (in a Jessem Table) and run a Bosch router in in. Works fine. No complaints. No issues.

If you don't have an external switch (so you don't have to reach under the table to power up the router), I think that would be a helpful addition. I don't have such a switch, and it is a PIA. Doesn't really have anything to do with the lift, but just thought I would mention it while you are putting your outfit together.

C Scott McDonald
12-24-2013, 3:19 PM
I have it in a Kreg table and it works great. You can get the mounting hardware for the lift directly from Jessem and it will work on the kreg table so it is completely secure.

Alan Lightstone
12-24-2013, 4:29 PM
I have it in an MLCS cast iron table, and really like it with my PC 790.

It was a replacement for my Woodpeckers PRL-V2. I like the Jesse better.

The Incra version with the magnetic rings is a little nicer.

Pat Houle
12-25-2013, 2:03 PM
Perfect! All positive replies! Will be buying next week with more confidence. Will be a definite improvement over my 20$ plate :-)

Pat Houle
01-02-2014, 1:31 PM
I bought the lift! The 2 guys that helped me a Lee Valley confirmed that it's a well built quality lift and at 149$ CND it's a sweet price.

So far, I took it out of the box to have a look at it. I can't wait to build my new router table top. When I built my first top, I used a cheap router plate (22$) with plans to get a lift later. Unfortunately, this plate 9"x12" and the Jessem Lift has a plate that measures 9 1/4x11 1/4. It kinda works out cause I was gonna build a router table for my father in law...he will get the old top/plate/fence.

I will post pics and my impressions on this lift in a couple of weeks...