PDA

View Full Version : 4 more out the door!

Kelvin Burton
12-23-2013, 11:53 PM
I finished these 4 mesquite Travel mugs for a friend today ... just in time for Christmas. I hadn't expected to do many of these and then got requests for 6 at the last moment! They are Mesquite finished with Danish Oil and WOP. With the colder weather getting the finish to dry was a chore. Had to put a heater in my wife's craft workroom off the garage.

C&C welcome

charlie knighton
12-24-2013, 7:48 AM
very nice, love mesquite, like the form, sort of like some of pepermills done recently, southwest form

Ricc Havens
12-24-2013, 8:57 AM
Very cool! love the mesquite too! If you ever come across some more mesquite big enough to do a couple mugs let me know I would be interested.

Ricc

Dennis Ford
12-24-2013, 9:16 AM
Nice work, I have made a few of these and they make great gifts.

John RStegall
12-24-2013, 2:29 PM
Good job Kevin. I have been thinking of doing some of those but got caught up playing with my Joyner eccentric jig and lost too much time. I think I will try segmented turning my mesquite though, I have a lot of short 1" thick pieces but nothing that big to do the mugs out of.

John

Rich Aldrich
12-24-2013, 7:29 PM
Nice work. I have been thinking about trying one of these. It would be cool to have them laser engraved.

Thomas Canfield
12-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Well done Kelvin. I have had 4 kits on my supply shelf for about 3+ years and even glued up a cherry piece, but never got around to doing them. Maybe I should just get some Mesquite and get busy. They sure make nice looking pieces. Usually I do see the mugs made from glued up wood.