PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Peppermill

Roger Chandler
12-23-2013, 8:07 PM

The gift exchange at our annual church Christmas banquet went well........almost too well!

The lady who drew the number for the cherry mill opened it up, and all the ladies at that table were ooohing and aaahing and such. There were 7 ladies who said "I want one of those.!" :eek:

I can tell you now, it ain't happening before Christmas!!! I guess I will have to spend some time in January taking care of these requests!

My wife was hoping she would draw the number for that cherry mill I posted a couple of days ago........I hoped she did not, and she didn't. I knew that I was saving this particular blank for her peppermill, so it gave me a chance today to get hers done before Christmas.

This is an 8" mill and because she liked the form on the cherry one a lot, I used much of the same design.

Walnut, oak, cherry and maple....laminated. Getting the grain to match up is a trick on this type of blank, but I managed, thanks to a little trick Dale Winburn taught me........thanks Dale!

Sal Kurban
12-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Now that is very nice; is it walnut and cherry? With your permission, I might copy the design...
Sal.

Roger Chandler
12-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Now that is very nice; is it walnut and cherry? With your permission, I might copy the design...
Sal.

Walnut, red oak, cherry and maple. Be my guest, Sal..........the design was not original to me either!

Dale Winburn
12-24-2013, 6:35 AM
Nice, Roger. I like the detail around the bottom of both pepper mills.

Roger Chandler
12-24-2013, 2:20 PM
Nice, Roger. I like the detail around the bottom of both pepper mills.

Thanks Dale! I believe you have seen this design somewhere haven't you?! :rolleyes::D