PDA

View Full Version : HF 12" miter saw comes with ,..... WHAT?????!!!!!

Jerry Toschlog
12-23-2013, 8:01 PM
I just got a 12" harbor freight 12" sidling compound miter saw, yes I know its less than quality but will work for now. I was surprised that the included parts were not listed in the manual, but there were only a few. The shocker for me was one of the parts is an extra set of motor bushings!!!!!! Really!!!!! the motor is so bad they supply an extra et of bushings right off the bat? Has one else had a set included?....

Bruce Page
12-23-2013, 8:07 PM
I haven't heard that one before. You'd better keep them handy..

Doug Herzberg
12-23-2013, 8:27 PM
Most 110v HF tools have extra brushes. I've never needed them and tend to lose them anyway. Many of the tools don't last long enough to wear out the first set, but you're right, Jerry - sometimes it works for now and that's all you need. I love HF for that.

Jason White
12-23-2013, 11:29 PM
You mean brushes? Nothing wrong with having an extra pair.

I just got a 12" harbor freight 12" sidling compound miter saw, yes I know its less than quality but will work for now. I was surprised that the included parts were not listed in the manual, but there were only a few. The shocker for me was one of the parts is an extra set of motor bushings!!!!!! Really!!!!! the motor is so bad they supply an extra et of bushings right off the bat? Has one else had a set included?....

glenn bradley
12-23-2013, 11:35 PM
My HF "Sawzall" came with extra brushes. I bought it for $14 to demo some garage fixtures 8 years ago. Its still running on the original brushes. It shakes and sounds like every move will be it's last but, it just won't die. I have the feeling its going to be one of those things you pray will break so you can get rid of it ;-)

Rick Potter
12-24-2013, 2:18 AM
I got one once and it sounded like they used rocks for bearings. No extras though.

Rick Potter

Uh Oh, I just got demoted to 'member'. Better pay up.

Jacob Reverb
12-24-2013, 8:31 AM
Most of their angle grinders come with an extra set of brushes. I have yet to wear out one of the original sets of brushes; in fact an entire grinder wore out before the first brushes gave out.

For $15 I guess I can't complain.

What are "motor bushings"?

Jerry Toschlog
12-24-2013, 8:41 AM
OK OK OK LOL With a red face, yes I meant brushes...... Glad to know extras are common with HF....

Myk Rian
12-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Almost every HF tool I have has extra brushes.
I put all of them in a medicine bottle for safekeeping.
Haven't had to use any of them, so far.