PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
12-23-2013, 6:54 AM
23 Dec 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
Today, I get my repaired van back from the body shop. They've had the van since 2 Dec and I got a call early Saturday evening saying that they had my van ready. This morning I have to go and turn in the rental van and several other things as well as pick up my van at the body shop. I'm off work this week and I'm planning on spending it with family and friends. I come off oncall duty at 8 AM this morning and I'm just glad to be finished with it. I've been working on making cutting boards in the shop for gifts and such and I'm happy to say that I'm finished ahead of schedule for the first time in a while. :)

I'd like to take this time to remember those that have lost friends and loved one this year and I share your feelings of missing someone this Christmas season. I miss my dad and my FIL as they were both very good men that I loved dearly and respected highly. My prayers go out to each of you that have missing loved ones.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?
Best of weeks to you all.!!! ----- Merry Christmas to one and all.!!!!!!

Justin Rapp
12-23-2013, 8:29 AM
I started building a table saw sled which I will finish this morning and I turned a bunch of raw cut cherry into S4S boards for the face frame of a piece of furniture I am building. I got the cherry about 8 years ago for almost nothing from someone cutting a log up during a demo of a portable saw-mill. i never planned any of it down until now and it turns out to be highly figured. :)

Matt Meiser
12-23-2013, 9:01 AM
Family in town all weekend so I haven't even been out to my shop or even home that much for that matter. We celebrated Christmas at my parents house this past weekend and they got me an self-centering guide accessory for my Domino that I've been eyeing.

Rod Sheridan
12-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Well, I finally completed the fitting of the drawers to the hall table, and it is now stained.

I was on vacation for the last 3 weeks of December however we're in the midst of a huge ice storm, 300,000 households without power in the town I live in.

At work we've been on diesel for 30 hours, then we had an anomaly with an air circuit breaker so I had to go in.

This morning leaving work I picked up a piece of scrap metal in the tire on the new van, so I\m sitting at Starbucks, waiting for a new tire to be put on my van.

I'm doing a lot better than many, we have power at home, many won't have power until Christmas day or later.

Regards, Rod.

Shawn Pixley
12-23-2013, 12:12 PM
I came off a period where I worked 140 hours in the last two weeks. But, I am off for the next two weeks - hurray! Saturday was spent reassembling an accoustic guitar I built for our son. It is all done except for the truss rod cover which I should finish today. I bought the last Christmas present yesterday and LOML got the tree up and decorated. We went to see The Hobbit II last night. All in all, very pleasant weekend.