PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DWE575SB Circular Saw

George Bokros
12-22-2013, 7:13 PM
Does anyone have one of these model saws? I am thinking about getting one to use on my Eureka Zone track saw system. The reason I chose this saw is because of it depth of cut at 90*. Per Dwalt's website it has a 2.55" depth of cut at 90*; this less what I lose for the track saw base and track (15/16" per Eureka Zone) will permit me to cut through two thickness of 3/4" plywood making it easy to cut identical cabinet sides. Calculations show I will 3/16"of blade through the double thickness of plywood.

Thoughts or opinions on this saw?

Thanks

George

Rich Engelhardt
12-23-2013, 7:53 AM
George,
You should be fine w/any 7.25" saw.
My Festool TS55EQ, which is smaller than 7.25", cuts 1.5" thick with plenty of blade left to spare.
Just last week I trimmed two pieces of 3/4" plywood stacked one on top of the other.

A couple weeks prior to that, I had to trim 1/8" off the side of a custom door a customer ordered. The door came exactly 32" wide & the finished opening was 1/16" less.
We just set the track about the width of the saw blade & used the saw more like a power plane than a saw.
The door was easily 1.5" thick.

BTW - Merry Christmas to you and yours!

George Bokros
12-23-2013, 8:14 AM
Rich,

My existing saw mounted on the Eureka Zone base and track did not cut through two thickness of ply it did however cut down a door I had to shorten. The door is a standard house door and measured 1 3/8" but two thickness of ply, it was about 1/8" short of cutting completely through. The Festool track must be thinner than the Eureka Zone. Eureka Zone tells me that 15/16" is lost to the saw base and the track.

Merry Christmas to your and yours.

Rich Engelhardt
12-23-2013, 12:58 PM
George,
I had to look this up & it looks like the EZ needs an 8.25" saw to cut a full 1.5".
I didn't realize the base & track on the EZ are that hefty.