PDA

View Full Version : Variable Pitch / Reversible Prop

Boyd Gathwright
06-10-2005, 9:22 AM
.... John Miliunas suggested that fellow creekers might be interested and enjoy this received E-mail.

....http://modellvideos.de/videos/KnuffelVerstellprop-die-zwote.wmv (http://modellvideos.de/videos/KnuffelVerstellprop-die-zwote.wmv)

Enjoy:)

Boyd

Jeff Sudmeier
06-10-2005, 9:51 AM
Boyd,

That is just too cool! Now I want to see a full size plane do that! :)

Dave Brandt
06-10-2005, 11:08 AM
That is the coolest thing ever! I don't think I'd want to be in a full-size one though Jeff. Talk about hurling!

Lee DeRaud
06-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Boyd,

That is just too cool! Now I want to see a full size plane do that! :)Oh great, now I've got a mental image going of a C130 doing a nose-stand like that model...thanks a bunch!:eek:

John Miliunas
06-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I totally agree with Dave...That's about one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Just seems to devy everything I've ever thought of in terms of aeronautics! Just too neat!:D :cool:

Jerry Clark
06-10-2005, 12:35 PM
gotta admit that kid was really good at the controls-- great stunt-- wait until the next air show.:D

Curt Harms
06-10-2005, 2:20 PM
That is the coolest thing ever! I don't think I'd want to be in a full-size one though Jeff. Talk about hurling!

Yea, and and to use a sick sac requires positive G , that routine seemed like it had some negative. I wouldn't want to be tasked with cleaning the cabin afterward :rolleyes:

Curt

Jeff Sudmeier
06-10-2005, 2:30 PM
Yea, and and to use a sick sac requires positive G , that routine seemed like it had some negative. I wouldn't want to be tasked with cleaning the cabin afterward :rolleyes:

Curt
Aww you guys had to go all technical on me! I didnt' say I wanted to do it... I wanted to see it :)

Dennis Peacock
06-10-2005, 4:53 PM
Now....THAT was cool!!!! I used to fly radio controlled airplanes and used to be a R/C Flight instructor. I loved the hobby, but it was getting too expensive when my last plane I built was at $1,200 before it ever left the ground! :eek: :rolleyes: I know guys that spend 10 times that on planes without batting an eye......but 1/4 Scale was as big as I wanted to go. I have always wanted to fly, but due to heart issues, I knew I would never be able to be a pilot. I have had the luxury of loggin 4-1/2 hours in a 172 and loved every single split-second of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Scott Parks
06-10-2005, 8:12 PM
Slow flight is pretty cool... This is what they call 3-D. I've been looking into building a micro/slow flight plane to fly around our great room, and kithcen... Microflight planes weigh only a few ounces and can fly from 1-10 feet per second...

Anything can fly given it has enough thrust and an angle of attack...

Ron Jones near Indy
06-10-2005, 10:31 PM
That is wild. Thanks for sharing with us.