PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Trotec Rotary Attachment

Greg W Watson
12-22-2013, 11:28 AM
I have a Trotec Speedy 300 with Rotary. It got breezed over during training many moons ago and until recently I have not had need of it but now I do. I am trying to etch a monogram on some scotch glasses that are 3.250 tall and 3.25 inches wide. When I set up the job in Corel everything looks good, but when it gets into job control it is not etching right. It is flattening and elongating the etch and looks terrible. I am using JC 10.0.6.6 with CorelDraw6.

Would someone mind taking a picture of the settings for how they would set up this job? I am really have a tough time with this.

Greg

Dan Hintz
12-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Your page size should be 3.25" x 10.21"... do you have something different?

Mark Sipes
12-22-2013, 1:08 PM
What is your Rotary Setting D" set at? Should be circumference of glass / 3.1416 = D can be different from page size this setting will auto determine max X in layout window and determine rate of rotation.

Greg W Watson
12-22-2013, 8:46 PM
I have been winging it trying to change settings just to make it look right. So I take the diameter and convert to circumference?

Your page size should be 3.25" x 10.21"... do you have something different?

Mark Sipes
12-22-2013, 9:50 PM
Have you updated this page with D" data and checked box??

Dan Hintz
12-22-2013, 9:55 PM
I have been winging it trying to change settings just to make it look right. So I take the diameter and convert to circumference?

Unless the Trotec is somehow different than most of the other lasers out there (possible, I'll let other non-new Trotec owners kick in here), the page size I mentioned above will give you the entire engravable area of the glass. Your glass radius or diameter will need to be given to the job control software so the rotary knows how much to rotate the glass with each line of engraving.

Mark Sipes
12-24-2013, 4:44 PM
I guess we are too late....... we lost him!

Greg W Watson
12-29-2013, 4:12 PM
Guys I wanted to say I finally got this working by correctly inputting the circumference. I appreciate everyones help and Happy New Year :)