PDA

View Full Version : when is machine bigger then doors

Martin Safranek
12-21-2013, 2:10 PM
Hi everybody,

im thinking about buying machine from shenhui or weike in next year but i have problem with doors because doors to my shop have only 140 cm width but im interested in bigger machines (weike lc1612 width 181cm and etc.). Have somebody experience with disassembling pass thru doors and than assembling inside room ?

thanks for hints.

Martin

Bert Kemp
12-21-2013, 3:15 PM
I think I got a video from Shenhui showing that exact process. The video wasn't that great but I think the sales rep said he could talk you thru it. Try asking Shenhui about it.

Dan Hintz
12-21-2013, 3:16 PM
Parts of the machine are welded... flipping them on their side is the smallest you'll get, so unless you can angle it in for a few more precious inches, your door width sets the max size. When I brought in my CNC, I ended up having to take a jigsaw to the door frame.

Mark Sipes
12-21-2013, 3:18 PM
the machine is 107cm tall should go in sideways with no problem

specs: Whole machine size: 2,120×1,810×1,070mm

Martin Safranek
12-21-2013, 4:01 PM
the machine is 107cm tall should go in sideways with no problem

specs: Whole machine size: 2,120×1,810×1,070mm

Mark its one option but aprox 450 kg weight mean that may be just frame can be turned to side .... :o( but thanks for hint

Rich Harman
12-21-2013, 4:43 PM
My machine could be disassembled by unbolting the base to make it fit through a doorway.

David Somers
12-21-2013, 6:58 PM
Martin, I don't know about the Shenui models, but some of the companies like Rabbit have a model series that is made to come apart specifically for this reason. The Rabbit RL series comes apart easily on purpose. Their QX line ,which is essentially a parallel line with the exact same components, isn't made for that. You pay a bit extra for the RL line if you need that feature. Might be worth asking about.

Dave

Travis Wizniuk
12-21-2013, 7:21 PM
Yup you should e-mail the companies.. I just bought a LG900N and asked about that exact thing. My sales person (Tina) said they have models that can be further disassembled so they can fit through doors. The standard models can be disassembled somewhat, but still remain fairly large. The other models can be disassembled much smaller. The website does not show this and you need to be specific when ordering to ensure you get one that can be disassembled.

Dave Sheldrake
12-21-2013, 9:17 PM
Been there, done that with a 1200 x 900 machine, it was great fun (NOT), between two people it's not too bad but not something I would want to do for a day job. The base section of most of the machines weighs next to nothing with 80% of the weight in the top section.

I'd tip it over on it's back onto a trolley and take it through if you have 1.4m available.

cheers

Dave