PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Peppermill - Cherry

Roger Chandler
12-20-2013, 8:18 PM

We are having our annual Christmas banquet Sunday evening at our church, and this will go to one of the ladies in the gift exchange. It is my 3rd mill I ever turned.

I have watched two demos by a fellow club member and creeker, Dale Winburn, whom I consider one of the best I have ever seen at peppermills. The design on this is similar to some that Dale makes.

I had to knock one out fast today, as this was a last minute endeavor.........better than some small polyanna gift made in China! ;) This is an 8" peppermill..........the ideal size in my opinion!

Sorry for the lean on the pic.......the tripod shifted as I pushed the shutter button! :eek:

Additional......this is the way that picture is supposed to look!

277762 Got it straightened up in the software! :o

Paul Engle
12-21-2013, 10:33 AM
The leaning tower of pepper ...... I like it ! Well done and a fine thing you have for some lucky lady !!!

charlie knighton
12-21-2013, 11:40 AM
i like it Roger, espically the moorish influence at the top

Roger Chandler
12-21-2013, 10:27 PM
i like it Roger, espically the moorish influence at the top

I had to look up moorish design Charlie...........I did not know what it was...........you have a good eye for styles. I had just thought about the buildings one sees in Russian and European architecture............turns out that is Moorish architecture. Without your post, I would have remained without that bit of knowledge.......so thank you Charlie!

Roger Chandler
12-23-2013, 8:42 AM
Well, last evening at the Church Christmas banquet, when Pat [the lady who got this mill] opened her gift in the gift exchange, there was a lot of ooohing & such...............hummm.............now I have 7 more to make! :eek: I'm tellin' ya now.........it ain't happenin' before Christmas!!! Well, one is.......my wife was kinda hoping she would have that number drawn, cause she wanted it, but I have been holding a special blank in reserve for her, whenever I got a "roundtuit" I am just hoping I can get it done before she gets home from work, with all the other things I have to do today!

Steve Doerr
12-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Great looking pepper mill Roger. I have yet to make one but definitely have it on my to do list. Good luck on getting your special project done today.
Merry Christmas
Steve

Roger Chandler
12-23-2013, 2:26 PM
Great looking pepper mill Roger. I have yet to make one but definitely have it on my to do list. Good luck on getting your special project done today.
Merry Christmas
Steve

Thanks Steve..........I have it turned and one coat of finish on it.........got a bit of waiting for WOP to dry and sand back, apply again, etc, etc........might get it finished by 11:00 pm..............Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!