PDA

View Full Version : dxf adds a zillion nodes

Bruce Dorworth
12-19-2013, 5:00 PM
Because I am not familiar with node editing in Corel I export the file as a dxf. I then open the dxf in Aspire. The file that only had something 8 nodes now has a zillion nodes and that is all in just one straight line that should have just two nodes(one at each end of the line). What causes this and what is the answer.

Bruce

Mitchell Tutty
12-19-2013, 5:13 PM
I'm not familiar with Aspire, nor am I sure how the dxf adds nodes, however try going to the shape tool (F10) then right clicking on the line and choose the "to curve" option and then export it to a dxf.

Dave Sheldrake
12-19-2013, 5:32 PM
Most likely due to Corel using Splines (theoretical paths generated by an algorithm based on the location of grips or nodes) when these are converted to polylines or lines your package will be generating the best possible equal using small straight sections rather than flowing curves. There is usually a setting to convert to lines & curves in most cad packages.

In AutoCAD it's "Splinedit" convert to Polyline "P" accuracy "0"

The other possible is Corel generating lines a a product of shorter sections rather than a single complete line. It may be worth opening the file in your cad editor and replacing lines that are a problem.

cheers

Dave

Mark Sipes
12-19-2013, 7:00 PM
Can you handle PLT files.

Bruce Dorworth
12-20-2013, 2:32 AM
I use plt files
to send to the laser. It's just when I want to node edit I have to change it to dxf. I am suppose to be able to open AI files, but when I tried Aspire did not like the aI file I made with Corel.

Thanks everybody for trying to help!!!

Bruce

Ernie Balch
12-20-2013, 7:29 AM
I use .eps files going back and forth between Aspire and Corel. In Aspire just use the node reduction command to get rid of all the excess nodes you get from dxf. Also there is the join command if you need it, not sure since I rarely use DXF because of all the extra nodes that are created.

ernie

Richard DiMaggio
12-21-2013, 7:13 AM
When exporting a DXF file with Corel, you should have a choice in what release of ACAD DXF file convention you want to export. The version you are using exports SPLINES. Try an earlier release and you should get it to export POLYLINES instead and the billion points should go away.