PDA

View Full Version : Boss Laser, my experience

Chris Fulton
12-17-2013, 2:36 PM
I was in the market for a laser engraver several months back. I searched for weeks on the internet to compare models and vendors. I actually first heard of Boss Laser and Rabbit here on Sawmill Creek through searching Google. After a lot of looking I finally settled on the model 1415 from Boss Laser. I've owned it since the mid October time frame. I thought it would be worth taking the time to write about my experience and share with others. Hopefully you find it helpful.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

OK - I thought I could attach it but it is a 262k byte PDF which is too large for that file type according to the upload screen. So, just grab it from the link below which is hosted on my personal website.

http://www.fultra.net/dl/Review%20of%20Boss%20Laser%20LS%201415.pdf

Chris Fulton
12-17-2013, 2:40 PM
Here are a couple things I made for Christmas presents using the engraver. These are (led) edge lit acrylic in shadow box frames.

brian saban
12-17-2013, 5:00 PM
Nice to see an in depth review on them. I looked into boss when I was looking, but couldn't find much positive reassurance of the company and was hesitant to go with a Chinese machine. But hopefully this will help others on there choices.

Mike Chance in Iowa
12-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences with the Boss. As you know from experience, this type of info would have been extremely helpful when searching for info on buying a laser years ago!

Bill George
03-23-2014, 1:11 PM
I was in the market for a laser engraver several months back. I searched for weeks on the internet to compare models and vendors. I actually first heard of Boss Laser and Rabbit here on Sawmill Creek through searching Google. After a lot of looking I finally settled on the model 1415 from Boss Laser. I've owned it since the mid October time frame. I thought it would be worth taking the time to write about my experience and share with others. Hopefully you find it helpful.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

OK - I thought I could attach it but it is a 262k byte PDF which is too large for that file type according to the upload screen. So, just grab it from the link below which is hosted on my personal website.

http://www.fultra.net/dl/Review%20of%20Boss%20Laser%20LS%201415.pdf

Thanks Chris, this was exactly what I was looking for a honest review. I am considering the "Boss" mainly because of the Pass Thru doors that would enable me to do long boards with the same engraving, over and over. Have you used the doors yet for a job?