PDA

View Full Version : Table saw and accessories set up quandary

Dan DuCote
12-14-2013, 1:52 PM
Hi all,

long time lurker, recently joined and first post. I have been out of the WW hobby for almost 10 years and I am getting back into it. I am starting the finishes in my newly remodeled house which includes base boards, moldings, a few pieces of furniture such as night stands and dressers and the biggie a set of kitchen cabinets.

I need some help with equipment purchases as many items have changed over the years and I am not up on what is out there. I have the basic tools, wood bench with clamps, double bevel compound miter, sanders, drill, screw gun, etc...

I currently have a delta delta unisaw from the 40's, a bosch MRC23 router combo, and a leigh FMT jig. I am looking to "pimp out" my TS as I will need a router table and I am looking at a leigh d4R dovetail jig.

I need help choosing a nice TS fence to suit my needs. I plan on having a leaf of my TS to be a router table due to space.

I do not plan on cutting mortises with my TS.

I am trying to decide on D4R or router table for dove tails.

Router table will be used for edging, rail and stile bits etc...

it seems every one and their brother have a TS fence system for sale. I am looking at the Incra ts fence with the router package mainly because it is the only one that I have seen that advertises it with the router. Are there other fences out here that would be better suited for my situation?

I am also looking at the jessem router lift to insert into the leaf but my router is not listed in the literature to be compatible. Are there other tables?

lastly I am budget minded but I am ok paying a little more for the quality piece.

Does anyone have any thoughts or better ideas for a unisaw setup. My space is limited in my garage as I do live in CA these days and do not have the room that I had in my home shop in LOuisiana.

In summary questions are as follows

1. D4R or router table dove tails?
2. unisaw fence that works with built in router table leaf
3. What router table leaf to buy for MRC 23?

TIA....